Trailforks

murph

Hard Yards
Jul 23, 2011
Preston
G'day all,
The mountain bike mapping app/website trail forks is branching out into other sports such as skiing. I've started adding some runs to the map for Falls Creek. Could we get some more people adding runs to the map? I've skied and have gps logs for most of Falls Creek, but not all of the summit and maze runs. Also would be good to have the tracks I have already uploaded confirmed and corrected if wrong.
I've found it to be a great app for navigating MTB tracks in the past, and is useful for seeing current trail conditions.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/f...1&z=12.0&lat=-36.86419&lon=147.29095&season=2

Cheers
Andrew Murphy

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Had look, just bike tracks, like they are hard to follow?

FatMap looks like a better bet for ski lines.

murph

Hard Yards
Jul 23, 2011
Preston
On the app/website there is a selection for activity type, changing from "mountain bike" to "downhill ski" will bring up the ski runs. I've downloaded about 20 runs for Falls Creek, but there is a confirmation process. So far only 2 of the tracks I've uploaded have been confirmed and show up (Fast Hoot and Last Hoot). I might try skiing "the vortex" MTB track if we get another dump.

murph

Hard Yards
Jul 23, 2011
Preston
A whole lot more runs have just been added to the map. There is now a network of runs and it'is starting to resemble the official trail map. It is good to see other people have been contributing to the project.

Cheers
Murph

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass