'Transferring' lift pass

Romsa11

First Runs
Apr 30, 2018
I am moving overseas - my brother is interested in my lift pass, would changing my first name + picture on the website be enough to transfer my pass - Ie would he get pulled up for having someone else's pass

Thanks

Romsa11

First Runs
Apr 30, 2018
As in for fraud? - if it is under his name - his picture etc he is not pretending to be anyone.

I should note, I wouldnt use the pass at all, essentially it would be just the first name that changes

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
I am moving overseas - my brother is interested in my lift pass, would changing my first name + picture on the website be enough to transfer my pass - Ie would he get pulled up for having someone else's pass

Thanks
Call Perisher and ask nicely, they might be nice. Otherwise I'd be surprised if they wouldn't catch you, and they do press charges when they catch people without a valid pass.

Reactions: currawong

Zimbooo

One of Us
Nov 20, 2017
If you purchased the Season Pass refund protection and can provide international relocation information you can get a refund.

Arsas

One of Us
Feb 23, 2017
Father in law paid the deposit for a epic pass a few years ago. His credit card expired before balance was due. Perisher tried to get the balance but couldn't they called he told them he would get back to them with the new card details, he kept forgetting, then they called a couple more times and then on the last call they said, if you cant pay balance now over the phone you wont get an epic pass and loose your deposit.
Things had changed and he wasnt going to be able to ski as much as he wanted so he just let it go and lost his deposit.

Dont know if this is normally what happens if you cant pay the balance?
Im sure there are a lot of people who's credit cards are maxed out and cant pay the balance.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
I'd be interested to know the laws regarding no cooling off periods and deposits. ..

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
I'd be interested to know the laws regarding no cooling off periods and deposits. ..
When I last looked into it the general rule of thumb was that if you were directly sold a product requiring a contract you get a statutory cooling off period (the business calls you on the phone or its a door to door salesman). But if you approached the business and entered into a contract that way you don't have a right to a statutory cooling off period (unless its a particular industry with legislation requiring a cooling off period regardless).

Since you buy the pass off the Perisher website I'd guess that there would be no cooling off period. Also from memory the contract does say that paying the deposit is a commitment to buy the pass. But I'd be surprised if Perisher actually persued anyone for the balance, the PR would be terrible.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
When I last looked into it the general rule of thumb was that if you were directly sold a product requiring a contract you get a statutory cooling off period (the business calls you on the phone or its a door to door salesman). But if you approached the business and entered into a contract that way you don't have a right to a statutory cooling off period (unless its a particular industry with legislation requiring a cooling off period regardless).

Since you buy the pass off the Perisher website I'd guess that there would be no cooling off period. Also from memory the contract does say that paying the deposit is a commitment to buy the pass. But I'd be surprised if Perisher actually persued anyone for the balance, the PR would be terrible.
I'd imagine you may struggle to buy another epic pass in the future

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
If you avoid the balance payment ,eg by expired, cancelled or maxed out card, I wonder if the resorts will take your deposit in future. personally I wouldn't want to risk it

Reactions: Chaeron

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
Calling up the resort before the deadline to negotiate, and then in writing request a transfer or postponement or notify them of intention to forfeit a deposit would be the sensible approach.

In that way you’re not defaulting on the implicit contract that exists.

I reckon the cooling off period would apply to the period after paying the initial deposit, not when the balance is due - one is effectively making a purchase in instalments, and the purchase is initiated when the deposit is paid, as that is when the contract is entered into.

Reactions: currawong

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
I add always thought of the pass as a layby sale.
Deposit. Contract entered into. Default meant a surrender of the layby deposit.

Reactions: Chaeron
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass