1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Transit through ACT

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by bullet, Jan 5, 2021.

1. bullet

bullet One of Us

Anyone been down through ACT from north? I have read the ACT health site which says you can transit through but is there road blocks? If so are they busy?

Cheers

Wal42 likes this.
  2. Interruptedbyfireworks

Interruptedbyfireworks One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

According to local radio there are road blocks on federal highway and sutton road, google maps shows pretty heavy traffic through both those routes. I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you first-hand knowledge though

bullet, skull and Chaeron like this.
  3. Balsta

Balsta One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

As far as I’ve seen there is only a road block on the Federal highway. I went passed it about an hour ago heading north and the line was probably made up of around 50-75 cars, backed up maybe 300-500 meters.

I traveled in on the Barton Hwy this morning (my normal commute, which I do a number of times a week at the moment) I haven’t seen a road block yet on the Barton.

bullet likes this.
  4. Wal42

Wal42 Early Days

We drove from Sydney to Jindabyne a few days ago and had to plan it out. Not easy to plan as google maps didn’t have all the road blocks and the ACT Covid site hadn’t been updated yet.

Basically we took the road to Bungendore after Lake George, then from Bungendore to Queanbeyan then the road to Royalla. Some of those roads veered slightly into ACT territory temporarily but no road blocks.

That added maybe 20 minutes to the trip, but no big deal and actually was good to see some different scenery.

Ted Harper, bullet and skull like this.
  5. Red Bill

Red Bill First Runs

We traveled down before Christmas and there was a sign on the Federal Highway before the M23 Majura Parkway turnoff saying 'checkpoint ahead'. We turned off there following the M23 and didn't encounter any checkpoint. I hear the police are putting in random checkpoints on other roads into ACT so we will probably travel back via Queanbeyan to avoid any possible delays.

bullet likes this.
  6. Donzah

Donzah Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Live traffic is your friend

bullet likes this.