Trip Report-Perisher (24/9-27/9) Pics Included

Roar2Life

First Runs
Mar 31, 2007
Morayfield, QLD
I've just come home from 4 days of skiing at Perisher. I went with my school and this was my first ever time skiing. Pleased to say I was crowned 'champion female skier' along with another friend and will definitely be back in the future.

Ok. So when we arrived Monday Guthega and Smiggins were closed though Perisher and Blue Cow were open. Blue Cow then closed on Wednesday which I think it could have stayed open longer though it was getting considerably slushy, holes were becoming more and more frequent and rocks were becoming fairly exposed.

As for Perisher I thought it was great though even over the few days I spent there you could certainly notice the snow melting. For example, when we arrived there were no rocks or very few exposed on front valley yet when we left there were quite a few exposed and others very close to the surface. The same applies for happy valley. The instructor I had was great and we had a blast going down intermediate runs on our third day and on our fourth day a few friends and I went down Mt Perisher on the Towers Run. I thought this was great though one of my friends chickened out and slid down on her butt.

Anyway, I don't really know what else to write except it was great and here's some pics!
smile.gif

my.php
[/url][/img]
Front Valley

my.php
[/url][/img]
Blue Cow

my.php
[/url][/img]
Blue Cow

my.php
[/url][/img]
View from Mt Perisher

my.php
[/url][/img]
Happy Valley

my.php
[/url][/img]
View of Mt Perisher from Happy Valley

my.php
[/url][/img]
Me on Mt Perisher waiting for my friend to slide down on her butt.

Last edited by a moderator:

SimonInAustralia

First Runs
Jul 1, 2007
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Except that you have linked to the smaller Imageshack image thumbnails, rather then the images themselves, that's why they are so small with the resolution printed underneath each one.

I think on Imageshack that the links to use for the actual full-size images, rather than the thumbnails, are furhter down the page.

SnowYeti

One of Us
Oct 7, 2006
Sydney
Top report! Sounds like your friends and yourself made a lot of progression ... good work. Looking at the last picture, it looks a bit sloppy
smile.gif
and as SimonInAustralia says, Welcome to the addiction! Start saving, soon you'll be buying outwear, equipment ... etc
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Rowdy

Hard Yards
Aug 2, 2007
hey
I was up there at the same time, and was well worth it
although they closed guthega on the sunday i got there
skiing was good up top, bearly tracked, but down low very very patchy.
Bluecow was in top form for spring, but closed because perisher was basically deserted, bearly a lift line, biggest was brumby..max 1 minute
snowed on saturday the... 30th i think it was..
was out on aire, fresh tracks within 10 minutes and was best skiing all week
all up was well worth it.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass