updated BOM weather app, android.

emkae

One of Us
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne
Not happy Jan
Can't get the forecast for Perisher, Thredbo or Charlotte Pass using the search function.
:tany:

11B2997A-7BD4-419A-846D-FD3F33C1098D.png

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
No choice if auto update is on
Which is why it’s not on.

I can see the update is available and waiting for my OK. But based on comments so far that OK might take a while.

Goon_Squad

Hard Yards
Jun 4, 2019
Forecasts for Buller are completely wrong now too. Predicting snow showers with min 4 max 8. Same for Hotham as well. Seems like they are using a regional forecast rather than the specific resort forecast?

I've already submitted my feedback as well

POW_hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
It’s a case of squeaky wheel gets the oil. We encourage everyone here to log feedback with the BOM on this.

Anything we can do to show support and numbers on Alpine Obs and Weather demonstrates it’s used and is useful.

Flowin

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2019
Pinjarra Hills, QLD
A good thing about the update is short term forecast now provides hourly data compared to previous 3 hourly values.

A bad thing about it is current humidity is no longer on the front screen - you have to dive into more detail for current weather to find it, and in the forecasts humidity values are not provided.
I often paint (not my day job - just outside work activity) and I use temp and humidity to decide when I can paint, particularly in winter. So I am rather annoyed that the App is not good for humidity information.

POW_hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
A good thing about the update is short term forecast now provides hourly data compared to previous 3 hourly values.

A bad thing about it is current humidity is no longer on the front screen - you have to dive into more detail for current weather to find it, and in the forecasts humidity values are not provided.
I often paint (not my day job - just outside work activity) and I use temp and humidity to decide when I can paint, particularly in winter. So I am rather annoyed that the App is not good for humidity information.
Send ‘em an email. That’s the stuff they should be fixing!

Reactions: skifree

Majikthise

Sage
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Blue Mts

For that " delta T " would be even more concise.

Reactions: ecowain and Flowin

skifree

Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz

I just sent BOM an edited version of this post (I manage construction projects) asking for the humidity to be added in a near future upgrade.

We consider humidity when programming painting, rendering, concrete works and even looking at why out timber frames have moved or are out of whack.

POW_hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Problem is, in reading that FB post, the layman doesn't give a toss about Humidity and will often be confused by it (i.e. Does 90% = big chances of rain? etc).

So I get it, there's a fine balance between offering easily displayed immediate on-screen data for the numpties Vs the pro who is willing to dig a bit for it.

Majikthise

Sage
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Blue Mts
I guess there could be applications where there are absolute limits in RH or T, regardless of Delta T, but i wonder if that is more theoretical than achievable

skifree

Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Jindy weather still pulling from Perisher, which is odd!
It's diabolical as the Perisher station is in the wrong spot for useful wind readings, never mind the difference (can be 180 degrees and a shed ton of k/ph different) between there and Jindy wind.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass