1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Using 365 Pass at Mountain Collective Resorts

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by Funky, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Funky

Funky One of Us

Ok, I asked this question in the Hakuba Thread, but no one knew the answer, so thought may ask here...

Question on using your 365 Pass at the Mountain Collective Resorts, but especially Hakuba...

Reading here:

https://www.thredbo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Mountain-Collective-Information_180817.pdf

It says
    I thought I had read in previous years you had to get a special pass or something from Thredbo to use the Mountain Collective stuff. I can't find anything on their website other than the above.

With the RFID passes, there is nothing to distinguish your pass from anyone elses... Nor do some have photos on them.

Just wondering how it works. Hate to get over there and miss out on a chance to save some $$$$

2. MarzNC

MarzNC One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

I'm guessing that you are thinking the 365 Pass is the same as a "premium pass" as mentioned in the MCP FAQ. I know that for the ski resorts in the U.S. the premium passholders get the 50% discount at other MCP destinations. For instance, someone with a premium pass at Aspen can ski at Snowbird for 50% off the window price. The idea is to keep season pass holders who don't ski that much at their "home mountain" from switching to the MCP. Hakuba is an "affiliate resort" so maybe you can get discounted lift tickets. It's confusing though because on the MCP website it says that 50% tickets aren't available at affiliate resorts.

"I am a premium pass holder at one of the Mountain Collective Resorts. What discounts can I get when visiting other Mountain Collective Resort destinations?

Premium pass holders at Mountain Collective Resorts can purchase unlimited 50% off single day tickets at the other Mountain Collective Resorts. We recommend reaching out to the resort you're interested in visiting to inquire about specific details.

Premium pass holders can purchase up to five (5) half price tickets at each Global Affiliate Destination."

3. Funky

Funky One of Us

Don't worry good people... after a bit more digging I found it (I don't know why they wouldn't keep the information in the one location).

https://www.thredbo.com.au/passes-rentals/season-passes/faqs/

Yes, you can get up to five days of discounted tix at Hakuba...

MarzNC likes this.
  4. sastrugi

sastrugi Beyond the yoga zone Ski Pass: Gold

You need to buy for the Thredbo season this year and use overseas next year.

We were caught out a few years back buying the MCP for the USA trip and not being able to use it in Thredbo the following season... of course we had to go and pay full price again :mad: