1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Valley pass or border pass?

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by soza, Feb 5, 2015.

1. soza

soza One of Us

anyone know if the valley/border pass will be available this year? Didn't get the hero pass as it was looking like we would be moving out of the area but turns out we will be staying due to a getting a new job.
    Probably aim to get up about 20 times this season compared to the 40 last year so the valley/border pass would be perfect.

2. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

As far as I know it will still be offered. I haven't seen anything about it yet this year - probably a bit early still

3. soza

soza One of Us

received an email yesterday from falls creek, yep looks like the Alpine pass is back on.
    For adults its $350 then $40 a day.
    $190/$30 for kids.

now starting to get excited about the upcoming season!!

any one else interested you must live in one of the following post codes......

Benalla: 3670, 3671, 3672, 3673
    Wangaratta: 3677, 3678, 3682, 3735, 3746, 3675, 3732, 3733
    Indigo: 3747, 3683, 3749, 3685, 3687, and 3688
    Albury/Wodonga: 2640, 2641, 3689, 3690, 3691, 3694, 3695, 3700
    East Gippsland: 3865, 3875, 3878, 3880, 3882, 3885, 3886, 3887, 3888, 3902, 3903, 3904, 3909

4. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

So if we don't live in one of those postcodes, we don't get access to such a deal? Not fair!

5. stansi

stansi One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

So if Your going to ski over ten days, the hero pass was a better deal.

6. soza

soza One of Us

yeah the hero pass is the way to go, shame I missed out this year. At least with this option if I do 20 days it works out just over $50 a day

7. stansi

stansi One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

^^^^^^^
    That's still great value.

8. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

9. Hully

Hully One of Us

Renting that now, even for a whole year would not make you entitled to a Valley Pass for this season. They are pretty strict and you need to provide evidence of full time, year round primary place of residence.

10. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Bugger!

11. BammBamm

BammBamm Hard Yards

Hey @soza or anyone else would you be able to forward me the email? I contacted falls and was told I'm not eligible living in beechworth 3747???

Thanks,

12. Minion

Minion Hard Yards

Hey BammBamm, There are different passes for different locations. You should be eligible for the Alpine Pass in Beechworth but not the Valley Pass which is cheaper again. I won't say how much as it will upset those not eligible.
    You will need to provide a copy of your drivers licence with your current address & either a power or rates notice or Proof of place of employment or School ID. If you have no luck the forms should be available at Rays in Myrtleford at the Easter sale.

#12 Minion, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    BammBamm likes this.
  13. BammBamm

BammBamm Hard Yards

Thanks Minion, I have emailed Falls again. Fingers crossed they can shed more light on it this time. Failing that I will head in to Rays for the forms :)

14. soza

soza One of Us

Hi BammBamm, i emailed my enquiry to ticket sales at tickets@fallscreek.net. I still have the application/terms if you would like them forwarding. just checked our RFID status and now loaded with `alpine pass daily redemption`.

anyone know if we can just load up the card with any day credit or do we have to pay in person at the ticket desk?

15. currawong

If you live in Mt Beauty area, ovens valley from Myrtleford up, or Omeo/Benambra/Swifts Creek/Dargo and don't have a hero pass then it is really worth looking at the Valley pass. As others have said, they are serious about you proving that you really live here.

16. Minion

Minion Hard Yards

[QUOTE="soza, post: 2581023, member: 63704"anyone know if we can just load up the card with any day credit or do we have to pay in person at the ticket desk?[/QUOTE]

As long as you are registered for your online account you should be able to buy the daily alpine/valley pass online. If you have not set up your online account you need to go to a ticket box on the mountain and ask them to set it up, you can't do it yourself unfortunately.

17. weerab

weerab One of Us

I reckon ratepayers should be eligible . I am paying about $800/annum rates to Alpine Shire and not really getting anything for it:(. Oh, sorry, I did forget the nice newsletter we get every quarter or so!

18. currawong

How would that benefit the lift co?

They do this because it benefits them in greater sales and community support for skiing and the resort

Hully likes this.
  19. Hully

Hully One of Us

There is no connection between Alpine Shire and Falls Creek....either the resort itself and particularly not the Lift Company.

Interested to know, what do you get for the rates that I assume you pay for your urban residence that you don't get from Alpine Shire. I find that I overall get no more or less from Alpine Shire than I did when I paid rates to City of Glen Eira....just a significantly different rates income base and some focus on different spend areas.

20. gaz35

gaz35 One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Saw it advertised in the Border Mail on Saturday - suggest you call the resort for info. Closes 1 May from memory.

soza likes this.
  21. Beerman

Beerman One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

We're traveling all the way from Brisbane for 5-6 days on snow total this year at Falls. Yes that's 1700 Km each way!! What discount do we get for supporting your local community??

Something worthy I hope, like lots of snow is the answer i'm looking for.:cheers:

22. Hully

Hully One of Us

I just travelled Mt Beauty/Melbourne/Maroochydore return for 5 days at the beach supporting local economy.....guess what no discount!

gaz35 likes this.
  23. soza

soza One of Us

yep got to give us locals something for living 5 hours from the coast....not many aussies do.
    i will not mention along with cheaper access to the mountains we also get cheap housing, wineries, bike trails and some great micro breweries :)

24. Hully

Hully One of Us

Ssshhhhhh.....don't let the cat out of the bag. We need city people earning big city bucks so that they can come visit and spend money in our little mountain towns. ;)

soza, currawong and Sadie like this.