Question Van Hire Out Of LA

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Heading to LA for two weeks end of May (next month). Looking to hire a van (or spacious vehicle two) to do some miles through Sierra Nevada & Mexico.

Ordinary car hire is expensive for 2 weeks, so I am doing a call out to all the well traveled California crew how might have some leads of hiring a vehicle (preferably a van) for 2 weeks?
Budget will be around $1500 AUD. Anyone have any leads?

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
Mates in the USA tell me to go to Utah and buy a junker there rather than hire but $1500 won't get much even in Utah

Reactions: POW Hungry

Slalom

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
I would have thought $1500 AUD would well and truly cover you off for 2 weeks.
We hired through Europcar before leaving Aus last year, pick up and drop off LA. From memory about 12 days for about $1200 AUD. The fact that we didn't have to even pay one cent of that $1200 is a completely different story.
Car was a Kia 7 seater with Captain seats.

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Heading to LA for two weeks end of May (next month). Looking to hire a van (or spacious vehicle two) to do some miles through Sierra Nevada & Mexico.

Ordinary car hire is expensive for 2 weeks, so I am doing a call out to all the well traveled California crew how might have some leads of hiring a vehicle (preferably a van) for 2 weeks?
I reckon you’ll get a Chrysler Town and Country for about $685 for 2 weeks.

For example.

https://secure.avis.co.uk/car-review-and-pay

Edit: link didn’t work. Use Avis.co.uk and then apply a discount code. I can’t do it now but if you get stuck sing out.

Lots of other sites to try too.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
I reckon you’ll get a Chrysler Town and Country for about $685 for 2 weeks.

For example.

https://secure.avis.co.uk/car-review-and-pay

Edit: link didn’t work. Use Avis.co.uk and then apply a discount code. I can’t do it now but if you get stuck sing out.

Lots of other sites to try too.
Cheers for that, any reason why you’d use a UK website? Why would it offer any different to using the Avis US site?
I am not sure I am following.

chunky

Pool Room
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
Economy Car rentals and look at the Dodge Caravan? Used one several times and they have heaps of space and a surprisingly large baggage area at the back. Also storage under the middle row - you can lift the floor up to get to some compartments.

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy

Just did a dummy booking for 2wks on Hertz.com.au and got Infiniti QX80 $760USD

IMO the absolute bargain of the Hertz fleet. Super plush, all the bells & whistles, and you'd sleep 4 in the thing with the rear rows folded flat. Had one in 2017.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass