Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Canberra
This thread is for WZ users from the previous Victorian day to day weather thread, summer chat, daily observations, rainfall analysis, etc. And it’s also for existing Ski users who wish to join in and discuss Victorian weather, observations and predictions. Basically a place where Victorians and those visiting can get together and talk about the weather here.

More general comments and more snow oriented posts should be put in the Winter BBQ Thread.

I’ll start with a note from Cranbourne, where it is currently 16 degrees, with partly cloudy conditions. Was bluebird sunny back in Box Hill. Heading towards Leongatha.

Last edited:

DiscoStuAU

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 30, 2015
Melbourne City, VIC
Glorious day, yesterday was quite a big contrast in temperatures - Melbourne started on 3.5 and rised all the way to 19.1, quite a diurnal range.

Nice sunset last night with plenty of lovely colours looking east:

LRM_EXPORT_66339110333494_20190706_111702888~2.jpeg

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
@Jellybeans, and others
how do you see this thread working compared to the winter's snowed in bbq thread? alpine areas vs lowlands? snow vs other weather? I get it that WZ folk are used to the regional break-up. there's duplication and overlap all over the forums so it's not a big deal.

Maybe some guidance in the OP to encourage alpine/snow related posts to go in the other thread? Or do you have a cunning (and better) plan? :)

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Canberra
@Jellybeans, and others
how do you see this thread working compared to the winter's snowed in bbq thread? alpine areas vs lowlands? snow vs other weather? I get it that WZ folk are used to the regional break-up. there's duplication and overlap all over the forums so it's not a big deal.

Maybe some guidance in the OP to encourage alpine/snow related posts to go in the other thread? Or do you have a cunning (and better) plan? :)
I think the idea is that the Winter BBQ thread is used for snow resort obs out of system periods, long term outlooks, and general snow-related weather posts. So it still serves a purpose, this one serves more of an observations type purpose for Victoria as a whole.

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
@Jellybeans, and others

This thread will be strictly weather related (observations) while the BBQ thread is more chatty / more latitude with off topic discussions.
I think.

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Canberra
I think @Jellybeans and @claude have given slightly different answers. ie chat/obs vs snow/other vic.
IMHO it would be good to get a consensus and publicise in the OP
I’ve stapled somewhat of an interim consensus together in the OP.
Ultimately it’s Claude’s (and admin’s call). They can change it as the direction they want to take changes.

Reactions: currawong

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
A much more mild morning in Melbourne.
Got away with just shorts and autumn riding kit this morning. Wind starting to pick up from the north, particularly on exposed high bits in Arthur's Creek and St Andrews.
I guess rain isn't too far away, looking at the radar.

Reactions: DiscoStuAU

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
A few showers overnight. Seemed quite heavy around 3am this morning.
Rain has cleared, but roads were wet. Sun poking out now.

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Quite mild walking back from local pool after lunch with no sign of rain, yet it's absolutely hosing down in Boronia now.

Reactions: Claude Cat

WeatherViewer

Hard Yards
Jul 9, 2019
Tarneit, VIC
Just thought I'd drop in and say g'day to the fellow Victorian's, I'm a soon to be displaced WZ forum members. I'm over in the outer 'arid desert' south western suburbs of Melbourne in 'Tarneit'.

I look forward to joining in on the conversation from time to time. The weather is getting interesting for parts of Vic leading up to the weekend. Cheers :)

DiscoStuAU

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 30, 2015
Melbourne City, VIC
Cracking morning in Melbourne. Breeze starting to get up from the north, not too cold.
I expect we'll see some rain by early evening.
CC you changed your avatar photo! So much change on the forums....

Lovely morning here in the city, beautiful sunrise as well full of pink colours in the high cloud.

Ruckle

One of Us
Jul 8, 2019
Woodend VIC 578m ASL
1.5mm out of mizzle yesterday and a brief actual shower last night. Breezy with a fast moving low ceiling this morning, temp hasn't reached 8 yet. Looking forward to the next period, even into next week. Some hints of a sneaky re invigoration of the cold Sunday night (particularly eastern and elevated parts) and then again mid week next week.

chaser addict

Hard Yards
Jul 5, 2019
Bendigo
Not much strong winds up here as damaging winds impact tonight as upper low is moving Eastward very fast and seen on radar the front is entering SW Victoria now
RADAR.jpg

Reactions: Claude Cat

The Plowking

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2000
Bonbeach, Vic
Bloody windy on the Peninsula today. Wind cut to the bone at work. Shorts silly idea...
Radar looking mint for Melbourne

Screenshot_20190710-204624.png

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass