Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

derwent

vigorous cold fronts are what’s needed
Ski Pass
Apr 13, 2014
on planks mostly
Geezus.. Its bloody windy up here in Bel South.. Waiting for a crash, but I'm guessing this is nothing compared to the peak we get up here. Absolutely nothing of us to the NW past Macedon. Compared to Mitcham im in an fing wind tunnel! Wow its loud! Got lots of wood cut, brilliant sunset, looking forward to the next few days.
Welcome to the Hooooooood!!

LOL

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
Geezus.. Its bloody windy up here in Bel South.. Waiting for a crash, but I'm guessing this is nothing compared to the peak we get up here. Absolutely nothing of us to the NW past Macedon. Compared to Mitcham im in an fing wind tunnel! Wow its loud! Got lots of wood cut, brilliant sunset, looking forward to the next few days.
Wind is nuts. Some scary gusts and we have worse to come.
Got a heap of wood cut here today too. Going to need it this week.

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
1623065513647.png

wernerk

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Flinders Park
Very Windy in Adelaide and just light in Bendigo... Cold Altitude Pool on way look intresting where Cut off Upper low start the bang.
yes it is quite windy here. First a northerly during the day with topsoil suspended in the air, then cold westerlies after about 430pm with showers.

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
It’s starting to Rock and roll in gleniris .Low pitched constant howl discernible now!Just sitting with all sound systems off listening to the noise outside!!

Reactions: Snowy Joey

Luken

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
Definitely juicy.
Screenshot_2021-06-08-17-08-50-22.jpg
Looks like a dragons head about to smash us good! Was just about to post the same image..

Huge winds here before midnight, didn't hear much after that but was asleep.. probably explains it.. Not a huge amount of rain, gotta get a gauge setup, and a anemometer. Pretty unspectacular day today, missed a decent shower on my way down the hill early afternoon, but looking like tomorrow gonna be wild! Haven't yet experienced SSW/SSE winds here, can imagine they won't be much less nasty as the northerlies, although we are "slightly" more sheltered from that direction.. but not much..

Reactions: GS and Snowy Joey

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Looks like a dragons head about to smash us good! Was just about to post the same image..

Huge winds here before midnight, didn't hear much after that but was asleep.. probably explains it.. Not a huge amount of rain, gotta get a gauge setup, and a anemometer. Pretty unspectacular day today, missed a decent shower on my way down the hill early afternoon, but looking like tomorrow gonna be wild! Haven't yet experienced SSW/SSE winds here, can imagine they won't be much less nasty as the northerlies, although we are "slightly" more sheltered from that direction.. but not much..
Get the torches and aux lighting organised!

Southerlies don't normally affect us, but they're forecast to be peaking around 100kmh+ from the SE....so anything is possible

derwent

vigorous cold fronts are what’s needed
Ski Pass
Apr 13, 2014
on planks mostly
Ah yes life in the Dandy ranges wouldn’t be the same without the outages! We get smashed from the NW but in the lee and downward from the SE. Occasionally that comes in handy.

Reactions: Chaeron and GS

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic

Initial Flood Watch for Gippsland and parts of North East and central Victoria​

Issued at 10:38 am EST on Tuesday 8 June 2021

Flood Watch Number: 1

Flooding is expected across Gippsland and parts of North East and central Victoria from late Wednesday evening.

An East Coast Low will bring heavy rainfall to Gippsland and the North East and central ranges during Wednesday and Thursday.

Catchments in the flood watch area are relatively wet.

Rainfall totals of 60-100 mm are expected across the flood watch area through Wednesday and Thursday, with up to 150-250 mm likely about the ranges. The focus of the heaviest rain will be across West and South Gippsland.

Minor to moderate flooding is expected across West Gippsland and the Mitchell River catchment from late Wednesday evening. Major flooding is possible.

Minor flooding is possible across the rest of the flood watch area in East Gippsland, North East and central Victoria. Flooding is also possible for the Gippsland Lakes from Friday.

Catchments likely to be affected include:

Bemm, Cann and Genoa Rivers
Snowy River
Tambo River
Mitchell River
Avon River
Macalister River
Thomson River
Latrobe River
Traralgon Creek
Gippsland Lakes
South Gippsland Rivers
Bunyip River and Dandenong Creek
Yarra River to Coldstream
Yarra River downstream of Coldstream
Upper Murray and Mitta Mitta Rivers
Kiewa River
Ovens and King Rivers
Goulburn River upstream of Lake Eildon
Goulburn River Eildon to Seymour

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
Nice to see some sunshine to start the day. Still 4.7c here. Not going to warm up much today. Showers already incoming from the S/SE.
We had 27mm in the yesterday. Today’s going to be interesting, BOM predicting a little more for the ranges to the north and east.

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Humid, cool but no rain this morning. Managed my 2 hour ride without getting wet.
Looks like some stuff moving in from the SE now.

Hermon

One of Us
Aug 24, 2008
We're being rain-shadowed by Mt Macedon. That said, the countryside is starting to look a bit better of late compared to 2 weeks ago.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass