Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
U just feel like there’s going to be some serious carnage around the place overnight tonight! Stay safe
Lake Mt Woods Pt . Rd will probably not cope with these conditions.Lake Mt must be getting a mountain of snow judging by Melbs weather and the BOM radar.

Blackspur is sure to get fallen trees again.

Luken

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
Been down to Mitcham/Blackburn, then Springvale Sth, then Dandenong, then back home via Wellington Rd today. Rained pretty much the whole time, and got really dark grey to the SSW as I was coming back from Dandenong. WET and very windy, tending to bloody windy at times.. Not much to see outside other than grey and wet. Currently 10 deg at 230ASL
thumbnail_20210609_153754.jpg

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Neighbour just called to say their house is about to flood. I suspect my drive home to help will take over an hour as trees are down on my normal route

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
Neighbour just called to say their house is about to flood. I suspect my drive home to help will take over an hour as trees are down on my normal route
Hope your neighbours place is ok. Seems to be easing off a bit.
Just checked the emergency app and we're under moderate flood warning for the whole of the valley and the ranges. Including us in Avonsleigh, which is rare.
Saw paddocks under water in macclesfield at 3pm.

Reactions: Chaeron

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
Jumped the wall to Mexico
Update at 12:20 am. Up to 255 incidents within 10km, so just over an extra hundred in two hours. If you're off supply because of trees being down can't imagine lineys being able to do much until the wind backs off late morning or early afternoon tomorrow.

1xNyH3.jpg
SES with backup from CFA have been very busy. Heard reports they needed to withdraw from some areas as it was too dangerous. Sounds like a few days of cleanup ahead

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
106mm here.
Our local area is a disaster.
Message from the high school saying that teachers can't get there, trees down around college and no power. Let alone buses being unable to run safely.
Streets are blocked, power poles snapped at the base. Keep hearing sirens through the wind.
We counted 14 trees down across the road between Paternoster Road on the Beaconsfield- Emerald road and Berwick, with 1 car having collected a tree down just before the Kellet’s road turn-off ( no injuries). Stay safe people!

balmz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2019
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
Thanks, all ok. Rain eased off enough for flood water to recede. Upper Yarra is pretty much under water. Nuts amount of rain, never seen the Yarra rise so quickly
That's gonna be interesting when it gets down river. Keen to see the river at Warrandyte for example. Might go for a drive tomorrow in my new 25km bubble! -_-

Hermon

One of Us
Aug 24, 2008
Quite a similar system to June 2007 which dumped over 300mm on Baw Baw in one day.

Meanwhile, we've just got a warm tropical wind and no rain.

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
We had 94mm for the 24 hrs to 7.30 this morning and it was still coming down. There is a metric shite load of flood water still to make its way down the Yarra.

We (as in society) have seriously gone backwards with communications when the power goes out. No Internet, no phone, no mobile service....quite pathetic. At least in copper days the phone still worked! Must buy some batteries for the old AM radio....

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass