Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
And the August drought rolls on here.... Dry Southeasterly and the ground is like a rock.

Maybe something on Sunday (up to 10mm), then hairdryer for a week or so. Do not like. The -ve IOD has not delivered. Disappointing.
Doesn't look like much between now and mid September TBH. Perhaps a bit in the south around Sunday.
Systems still peaking over WA and sliding south by the time they get here.

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
intermintent VERY light rain and chilly wind up until about 1pm, then fined up.

Good drink Sunday hopefully then.. WTF.. 25! this time next week! That wasn't there this morning.. Heard a BOM on the radio earlier today say something like that and thought I was hearing Mildura numbers,as Melb was,still saying 18 - 20 odd.. Apparently not.. PLEASE.. let's not have a dry spring. On top of Covid I need some interesting weather!

Big_Red_60

One of Us
Apr 17, 2018
TAMBO UPPER
Saw that on the radar.
Still dry here but probably not for long.
Some good totals out in East Gippsland. 60mm at the Mt Cann fire tower.
Looks like @Big_Red_60 has had some decent rain.
Yeah, been a damp week. Not massive totals for us, but classic East Gippsland rain - good soaking light rain. We're at 30mm this morning and had steady light rain all day. Apparently meant to be heavy at times overnight. It has been bloody cold though - didn't crack double digits today.

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
Strange looking radar ATM for Melb.. You don't see that very often. Few light showers observed while working essentially around the Eastern Burbs today, no more than a few spits observed at home as yet, but the radar suggests it may thicken up out this way shortly. Have left the car out for a rinse which it desperately needs.. probably just turn it to set concrete..

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
Certainly felt strange today. Humid and almost like an summer storm is approaching (looking at the sky around lunchtime). Warmer than the past couple of days but still cold.
Had a couple of light showers here too.
Looking at that radar it certainly does look like it's creeping in.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
Certainly felt strange today. Humid and almost like an summer storm is approaching (looking at the sky around lunchtime). Warmer than the past couple of days but still cold.
Had a couple of light showers here too.
Looking at that radar it certainly does look like it's creeping in.
I was thinking the same re felt like a storm coming. Saw some CU going up over Northern ranges but didn't actually check the radar till I got home.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

chaser addict

Addicted
Jul 5, 2019
Bendigo
Very strange why August is well under average rainfall only 20mm out of 58.6mm average month.

The Outback heat is starting mature to blow warm to hot when SE Australia get NW wind swing.

BOM saying wet spring.

Chowder11

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 21, 2003
Elwood
couple mm overnight.

Pretty solid blob of rain for everything N-E of the CBD.

Looks to clear mid morning..... hopefully a sunny arvo again.

Yesterday was an absolute ripper.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
couple mm overnight.

Pretty solid blob of rain for everything N-E of the CBD.

Looks to clear mid morning..... hopefully a sunny arvo again.

Yesterday was an absolute ripper.
Looks like once this band clears we will get another burst of showers around lunchtime on the SW change. No sunny arvo I don't thin.. sorry. Nice surprise 3mm approx overnight. Still going ATM. So with a few more mm this arvo ill be happy. Cant wait for my weather station to arrive!

Big_Red_60

One of Us
Apr 17, 2018
TAMBO UPPER
Been raining on and off here all day, and feels like it has set in for next hour or two. Beautiful day yesterday, got the greyhounds down to the beach for a run. Pretty rough after the last week, with waves right up the beach.
20210828_130007-01.jpeg

Hermon

One of Us
Aug 24, 2008
Lots of downgrades with 00z forecast models for Vic next weekend. Very ho hum.... Except for Access-G!

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Breezy today, although it's dropped off now.
65 kph at the Airport and 63 kph at St Kilda marina (both between 1 and 2pm).
Looks like tomorrow is very similar with strong gusty winds from midmorning.

Reactions: Luken

Edgecrusher

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Apr 19, 2013
The Southern Capital
absolute day of days today. Real COVID spreading kinda day.

Tomorrow looking a bit yucky, but the warmth out of the wind will be very ple
People being outside in the fresh air leads to more spreading of the spicy cough? Hmm, not so sure, especially on a weekday. Perhaps if the infecterinos are going around to people's homes for backyard barbecues.

Looks like a decent spring rain event on its way. Should see a few stream rises in the high country, some snow melt adding to it.

Melb's water storages closing in on 81% full, it's good to see.

Chowder11

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 21, 2003
Elwood
People being outside in the fresh air leads to more spreading of the spicy cough? Hmm, not so sure, especially on a weekday. Perhaps if the infecterinos are going around to people's homes for backyard barbecues.

Looks like a decent spring rain event on its way. Should see a few stream rises in the high country, some snow melt adding to it.

Melb's water storages closing in on 81% full, it's good to see.
It like attacks you through windows and stuff, so you know, ill give it to every sucker this arvo that i run past.......... if I had it............

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass