Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Decent drop of rain yesterday arvo and last night....

Wind was high velocity in Glen Iris for awhile late last night.
Hopefully Dandenongs(Mt)are not having another troublesome time with power outages and fallen trees.

Bears waiting for CCs bike ride weather report! ;)

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
A patch of blue sky out of laundry windows...bears can see it’s still a bit breezy....appears that it’s breaking up and major event has past.
image.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Pommie

Early Days
Oct 16, 2021
Olinda
Thought the Olinda Falls would be great to have a look at today but figured there would be a heap of other folks thinking the same so avoided it.
As far as I know the falls are out of bounds since the big wind storm. Fallen trees all over the shop, viewing platform was wrecked. Certainly will be a lot of water down there, our little creek flows into Olinda Creek 1km upstream and it is a torrent, usually just a trickle.

IMG20211016152454.jpg

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
As far as I know the falls are out of bounds since the big wind storm. Fallen trees all over the shop, viewing platform was wrecked. Certainly will be a lot of water down there, our little creek flows into Olinda Creek 1km upstream and it is a torrent, usually just a trickle.

IMG20211016152454.jpg
Nice pic.
Good to know about the falls. Thanks. Still a lot of work to be done from that horrible storm.

Reactions: Chaeron

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Back to overcast and generally unappealing weather today.
Had some light drizzle earlier and radar has rainfall to the NE, but doesn't seem to be getting closer than Lilydale.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Here's a video from Saturday of the flooding along Worri Yallock creek in Macclesfield. Road was blocked through to Silvan.
There was a lot of that water sitting on the yarra flats near Woori Yallock yesterday. Still plenty this morning flowing under Warburton hwy too

Reactions: Snowy Joey

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Woke up to some rain around 4am this morning.
Roads pretty damp at 6am, fresh, but mostly fine.
Conditions are pretty changeable this morning, alternating overcast and sunshine.

Big_Red_60

One of Us
Apr 17, 2018
TAMBO UPPER
Stunning day! Just hit 28c here with a light breeze.
Had a few light showers around midday yesterday and the wind was quite cold when the sun wasn't out.
Today really feels like summer.
It's amazing how the weather can vary across relatively short distances. Just starting to warm up a bit now - about 17C, and showers mainly seem to have eased. MTD is now at 71.5mm with no real heavy rain, except the 12mm that fell in the space of <5mins on Friday evening. I still need to get the tractor out and take the driveway back up the drive.

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Sure was.
Breeze getting up a bit now.
Looks like it's going to alternate between cloud and sun today.
Tomorrow looks even better.

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
Yeah she's been a bit grey all morning, at least since I got up before 8am there, and remains that way in town right now. Mustn't have that higher cloud out there in the Far East
We did have some cloud which tricked me into mowing.
Broke up pretty quickly.
IMG20211021140515.jpg
Pic from around 2pm in our way home after spending the last day of kids homeschooling in some beautiful gardens.
Pretty much solid high cloud
now.

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
IMG20211022135658.jpg
BOM said maybe a chance of a storm later. They may be right.
Lovely! Nothing really suggesting good storms from here.. Flat, high, light overcast, can see a little of what you can looking NE, but doubt very much anything will happen here until the main band hits.. Which AGAIN.. looks like a 12am - 6am event.. Hope im wrong and it turns up early, but won't hold my breath.. Was it last weekend that did the same? Looking again at the forecast, BOM recons it will be a wet day, rather than just a wet early morning. Hope they right! Got a fire, family, food and wine on the menu for tomorrow PM! Yay!

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
Lovely! Nothing really suggesting good storms from here.. Flat, high, light overcast, can see a little of what you can looking NE, but doubt very much anything will happen here until the main band hits.. Which AGAIN.. looks like a 12am - 6am event.. Hope im wrong and it turns up early, but won't hold my breath.. Was it last weekend that did the same? Looking again at the forecast, BOM recons it will be a wet day, rather than just a wet early morning. Hope they right! Got a fire, family, food and wine on the menu for tomorrow PM! Yay!
Yes it was last Friday around midnight.
I have work tomorrow arvo until 9pm. Will be coming home to my sister sitting in my shed with a beer waiting for me. Very excited, haven’t seen her since June.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass