Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
Day 1 of winter and it's feral. Couldn't plan a better start.

Wanted to drive up to Donna Buang before heading to work but that wind...
Youngest just asked me to drive her up there instead of school! Wants to take her ski's. :D (I agree, weather's a bit too wild to bother)
Pic from the Mountain Tucker food truck this morning.
They reckon about 10cm.
FB_IMG_1654033877566.jpg

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Youngest just asked me to drive her up there instead of school! Wants to take her ski's. :D (I agree, weather's a bit too wild to bother)
Pic from the Mountain Tucker food truck this morning.
They reckon about 10cm.
FB_IMG_1654033877566.jpg
yep, good chance of being stuck on the wrong side of a fallen tree

Reactions: Snowy Joey
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

rime noreason

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
Truly rugged ride to work this morning. Driving rain and strong headwinds. Glorious!
Gold star sticker to you @Claude Cat - that's truly impressive.
(or totally insane, one or the other! LOL)

I wasn’t looking forward to going into Melbourne last night, but was obliged. We weren't nearly as dedicated, and drove in.

We were pleasantly surprised though. A very cold 10 degrees at 4.30pm, that dropped to around 6 by 7pm, but a nice and moody sunset at around 5pm. Dramatic clouds and even blue skies. Only iphone photos through the windscreen below, not proper cam.

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

Two minutes of light rain at the end of the freeway onto Hoddle St, then cleared and stayed that way while we were outdoors, no wind in the city either. Apparently rained while we were indoors, but when we came out around 10pm, all clear.

IMG_0735.jpg

We had some light rain from around 6am today in the northeast fringes. The birdbaths are almost full. Rain gauge corresponds with Yarra Valley rainfall data of around 18mm in the past 48 hours.

Glad we don’t need to go anywhere today, but a perfect first day of winter! :love:

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Wheel Chains REQUIRED- Extreme weather conditions
**Wheel Chains are required for Wednesday June 1st– Extreme weather conditions, highly recommend avoiding driving up to the mountain whilst snow clearing is operating.
The resort is currently OPEN however only the bistro is operating, there is no rentals, retail or ski patrol operating until the official snow season begins on June 11th 2022.

from Lake Mt Resort
Snow
icon-snow.png
2.3°C •
icon-status-wind.svg
3km/h
24hr Snowfall: 10cm
Team Bears understands this is not really a report on Melb weather but probably reflects current conditions at the extreme end.[copy and paste...yes.]Info sourced from Lake Mt Resort Site!

I will check on that wind speed I thought it was a lot higher on that 360deg Cam!

Current wind speed over 40km/hr temp down at minus three approximately :) :)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
16mm here since midnight, certainly makes up for a slightly lacklustre start. 25mm total since Monday morning. Balmy 8.8deg ATM. The next week looks insane! seriously reminds me of 2000 where the following week was just bitter.. This might go longer! Can't believe this time last week I was sitting outside beautiful, evening having a fire..

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
So weather station and wifi now hate each oher.. BUT we did get a nice stream over here ATM and for the last hour or so. Break now, but another burst or 3 coming. Growing up around here I can remember the sudden rain on the roof in the night, cold wet, lovely. It's different to Mitcham, more coldies at the back end of systems, but less bay stream.

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
The sun and settled conditions is most welcome.....it’s cold but not miserable as were last two days.Roads seem a bit less crowded this morning.....I think they are many off sick.Oh it’s good to sit in the car with the sun streaming in the windscreen
200.gif

Reactions: Claude Cat

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Those Americans just cannot help themselves !

But of more importance the weather......overcast cool no rain seems like summer compared to yesterday....roads dry in Sunbury....no shooters out this way .....gentle breeze....not even cattle duffers!
200.gif

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Grey,overcast.....clouds at medium height.Planes clearly visible on takeoff from Tulla.
Roads dry.......wind light
;)
ABC radio banging on about city bike lanes as Team Bears observes aeroplane trajectory’s

image.jpg

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Yeh, cold, but no sunshine today. That wind from the north is picking up too.
The rain should hold off until tonight, and I'm not expecting more than a mm or 2.
Things don't really kick off until Sunday.

Reactions: Wally

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
What time if any on Sunday do you expect the rain/shitshow to start CC and gurus?

Got some not 100% urgent but want to get it done outdoor work to do, very weather dependent so wondering if I should postpone if Sunday gonna be gross.
I've booked for my first AFL game in two years for this Sunday. Looks likely to be miserable weather.

Wally

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2010
Franga
Awesome day down here in Franga. Glad the AusKick and the U12/14girls got a dry training run tonight as Sunday morning will be somewhat different come game time.

Reactions: wernerk and Tanuki

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
What time if any on Sunday do you expect the rain/shitshow to start CC and gurus?

Got some not 100% urgent but want to get it done outdoor work to do, very weather dependent so wondering if I should postpone if Sunday gonna be gross.
Looks pretty wet first up, easing to showers in the afternoon.

Reactions: Chowder11

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Outside in GI it’s getting a bit ragged.Wind velocity up and gusting.Cannot hear much rain on roof though.

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Some rain penetrating Melb and subs now.Wind velocity in GI has declined....less buffeting from outside just now.
7D54BDFE-76A7-4544-8307-551DAE896606.png

Chowder11

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 21, 2003
Elwood
Yep, winds have picked up, clouds gotten lower and thicker.
Lets see that stuff to the NW can make it over the burbs.

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
Perfect winter Sunday weather! Roast in the oven, pumpkin soup on the stove, fire on.. hmm too early for a wine??..

Only about 4mm since Friday, hoping for a bit more tonight and through Wednesday when it swings more SW. Wouldn't mind betting we get at least 40mm for the week. Yes I plucked it out of thin air.. lets see how far off I am..

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass