567632FD-2977-44A2-BC04-74A3B01D8E90.png

Reactions: Pommie
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Bit wintery on drive up Calder Hwy to Kyneton.
No ice encountered on roadway ....road wet but no rain on drive up.Airstream appears to be filling local windsock from the sth/sth west.
200.gif

..probably 30pc. Cloud cover atm.
Wind velocity low.
E7493A3F-6479-4621-B99A-947812FA0D2F.jpeg

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
So I may have missed a decent window, but does anyone see me having a chance at a couple of days without cloud cover and a UV index of 2 or more in the next 3 or so weeks?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
CC.To frozen to respond?......he will be sitting on his heater for the rest of the day.

Very wet commute out to Sunbury thro tunnel and along Tulla and Calder Freeway.No chance to see any aeroplanes today as we imbibe our takeaway coffee.Rain been falling steadily over last couple of hours.Light to moderate amounts.Clouds to our west look like the weather will break up ....wind speed low.

oops just saw aeroplane clearly....my cloud height assumption very wrong.....
image.jpg

rime noreason

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
We've had a decent drop on the north east fringe today, solid first up early morning, and very windy. Too windy to have a fire the last few days (we sometimes get puffs of smoke blow down the chimney when it's very windy). All up about 6mm of rain the last 24 hours.

Before that, around 28mm in the gauge from this system over the last few days.

It's as if a switch was flicked on June 1. For a nice change, winter got the memo! The hakeas are loving it.

IMG_2051.jpg
IMG_2054.jpg
IMG_2056.jpg

For a few hours this afternoon, the sun came out, with blue skies to our east. You wouldn't have thought it's the same day!

IMG_2058.jpg

Plenty of ominous clouds to our west and south though. These brought some light, fairly brief showers later this afternoon. It's super chilly out, currently on 8 C.

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Still a few showers about this morning, but colder than yesterday.
Most of the showers are in the east of the city.

The rain belt has done well.

1654641420508.png

Reactions: Tanuki

Big_Red_60

One of Us
Apr 17, 2018
TAMBO UPPER
Had a few dry hours early this morning, and definitely warmer, but drizzle was back before 9am.
3.6 mm already today.
Over 80 mm now for the week.
24mm in the can for June so far. A bit more than expected as we don't get much from these systems. 510mm year to date, ground plenty wet.

Wind has really picked up. It's not stopping the RAAF Roulettes from doing their training flights. If it was more pleasant out, I'd get some pics.

Reactions: wernerk

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
24mm in the can for June so far. A bit more than expected as we don't get much from these systems. 510mm year to date, ground plenty wet.

Wind has really picked up. It's not stopping the RAAF Roulettes from doing their training flights. If it was more pleasant out, I'd get some pics.
138mm here for June so far. Way above average so far.
(Love watching the roulettes!)

wernerk

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Flinders Park
We've had a decent drop on the north east fringe today, solid first up early morning, and very windy. Too windy to have a fire the last few days (we sometimes get puffs of smoke blow down the chimney when it's very windy). All up about 6mm of rain the last 24 hours.

Before that, around 28mm in the gauge from this system over the last few days.

It's as if a switch was flicked on June 1. For a nice change, winter got the memo! The hakeas are loving it.

IMG_2051.jpg
IMG_2054.jpg
IMG_2056.jpg

For a few hours this afternoon, the sun came out, with blue skies to our east. You wouldn't have thought it's the same day!

IMG_2058.jpg

Plenty of ominous clouds to our west and south though. These brought some light, fairly brief showers later this afternoon. It's super chilly out, currently on 8 C.
Lovely pics of the hakea blooms. Are they Hakea laurina or another species?

Nice looking garden btw.

Reactions: rime noreason

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Weather a bit ordinary this morning.....lets hope electricity grid doesnot crash in Eastern Australia or we will perish due to the cold.
200.gif

Reactions: Claude Cat

rime noreason

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
Cold wet and windy (southerly) out here in the northeast fringes, although it’s actually currently sunny with blue skies. Won't last long judging by the dark clouds coming from the southwest.

The Currawongs are singing to each other across the yard from one end to the other, flying around back and forth as often happens when it’s been raining, or about to.

IMG_9359.jpg

Rinse and repeat this past week or more. Ideal snow-season weather. We’ve had 61mm of good soaking rain since this day in May, but still nothing like the totals that some parts have received. Two of those mls have fallen this past day, 28mm in the last week.

Thanks @wernerk apart from a couple of deciduous trees for specific purposes, it’s an all-native garden specifically to encourage and protect native birds, including loads of little ones, such as Silvereyes and Pardalotes, along with numerous Honeyeater species.

IMG_9309.jpg
IMG_9355.jpg

We lost quite a few plants over our very dry summer here. Now in the process of replenishing.

Correct, they're Pincushion Hakeas. Gorgeous flowers. We have a couple of regular trees and a couple of weeping species of them.

Wally

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2010
Franga
Mushrooms are popping up everywhere now! Even in the middle of footy ovals.

Franga is saturated, and had to stop 3 times for the showers to pass to get the lawns done. Looking forward to a few hours of sunshine soon rather than 5 minutes worth

Reactions: Pommie

Chux-sw

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 7, 2018
Where's My Jumper
Heavy freezing rain sweeping through the inner South East.
How do I know?
Daughter had her car serviced last week, they obviously replaced the wipers with wrong bloody model as they flew off the wiper arms this evening in Carnegie. Dad to the rescue and I got soaked and frozen getting them back on so she could make it home.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass