Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Another frosty one this morning. A clear inversion with Ferny Gully significantly warmer than the low lying parts of Melbourne.
Slightly warmer tomorrow morning, but warming up nicely 17!

Reactions: whether

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
Same cold start as yesterday here. 1°c at 8am.
Trampoline was solid frost.
Headed up Donna Buang to get some water.
Very icy in the shady corners.
10 mile carpark was an ice rink!
Little bit of snow still lying about.
IMG20220721100432.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

rime noreason

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
The night before last went down to around -3.5 in the northeast outskirts, so a good solid freeze on the birdbaths.
IMG_5884.jpg
IMG_5886.jpg
IMG_5888.jpg

Even the weeds look pretty on a frosty morning.

IMG_5890.jpg
IMG_5891.jpg
IMG_5894.jpg

Yesterday was the coldest morning in 4 years, the media said. @Pommie I feel your pain. Great time to be 2 days without heating! Our kitchen reno meant the gas was turned off on Tuesday. Back on just before dusk 2 days later. Our indoor thermostat read 9C - only because it doesn't actually go any lower LOL! Murphy’s Law on timing!

Today, it was the electricity!

Similar conditions but not quote as cold today. The birdbaths were frozen again this morning but the ice wasn’t as thick. Gorgeous clear, calm sunny days though.

Last edited:

wernerk

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Flinders Park
The night before last went down to around -3.5 in the northeast outskirts, so a good solid freeze on the birdbaths.
IMG_5884.jpg
IMG_5886.jpg
IMG_5888.jpg

Even the weeds look pretty on a frosty morning.

IMG_5890.jpg
IMG_5891.jpg
IMG_5894.jpg

Yesterday was the coldest morning in 4 years, the media said. @Pommie I feel your pain. Great time to be 2 days without heating! Our kitchen reno meant the gas was turned off on Tuesday. Back on just before dusk. Our indoor thermostat read 9C - only because it doesn't actually go any lower LOL! Murphy’s Law on timing!

Today, it was the electricity!

Similar conditions but not quote as cold today. The birdbaths were frozen again this morning but the ice wasn’t as thick. Gorgeous clear, calm sunny days though.
I take it your birdies decided to postpone their baths!?

Love the ice crystals on the clover(?) leaves, beautiful.

Reactions: rime noreason
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Damp morning. Managed to ride into the city before it got too drippy. Steady rain since then, splashy roads for the ride along the beach and back home.
Cool and mild, a break from the cold mornings earlier in the week.
Looks like it will dribble all day, before a nice day tomorrow.
Next week looking damp.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Healesville weather good this morning....bears been in bush for a few hours....dry!

Buxton mild and overcast....don’t think it’s rained up here at all.

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
blacksour traffic accident....road now closed!weather fine...still no rain.No trees better not fall on the bears as we stuck in traffic stationary about two km away from Fernshaw!

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
blacksour traffic accident....road now closed!weather fine...still no rain.No trees better not fall on the bears as we stuck in traffic stationary about two km away from Fernshaw!
200.gif

A massive 0.25mm in the gauge so far. hard to see another 5 or 10mm as advertised. the Blob NW of the CBD is our hope, but can see it sliding south like the rest today.

Reactions: Ubiquitous Steve

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Interesting scenic route via Teckels Place then over to Xylophone Bridge.Pretty dry through out our little detour though a bit of slippery road.
E69A3A94-BEAA-4B8B-A97B-FF93E5B44C0A.png

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
No emergency vehicles blocking descent from Narbethong...chaotic up there....from Marysville end!Bears very disappointed in emergency response....and the weather was not that bad up there today.Damp on return to Melb.
200.gif
8355497A-45A6-49D0-B001-3D5BB52A68F9.png

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Eastern subs getting a good fall of rain.Roads are a little scary given the reputation of Melb drivers.

rime noreason

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
I take it your birdies decided to postpone their baths!?

Love the ice crystals on the clover(?) leaves, beautiful.

@wernerk , I provide the birdbaths, so I think they were expecting me to provide the ice-skate hire for them too! LOL
The ice crystals are on Oxalis, very similar to clover, and is the bane of many gardens around here!

The birds enjoyed the garden a bit more today as we hit a top of 18.5 quite late this afternoon, on the northeast outskirts. We've had a few days like today, this past week, with the sun burning off the early morning mist.

IMG_5936.jpg

Great day to be out doing the gardening, with bright sunshine all day. It was a different story in Melbourne town last night. We got there around 5pm, but the rain missed out on wetting us. The paths were fairly wet from an earlier shower though.

We were back outdoors around 9.30pm, and it began raining lightly as we walked to the car, our foresight to bring brollies was wise. It rained a little heavier on the drive home, but the city always looks great no matter what. Photos taken on the go in the car, just with the iphone. I was the photographer, not the driver!

IMG_2318.jpg
IMG_2319.jpg

Rain was sustained until the wee hours, which sounded wonderful on the roof, although very light as we didn’t total more than 5mm. We really need so much more as the local billabongs are still almost empty.

IMG_4375.jpg
IMG_4376.jpg

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Not good driving on Western Ring or over Westgate.....dangerous driving conditions.Take care all!Melb drivers don’t seem to understand the coefficient of friction on wet roads !Scary out there...

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Partial grey skies and breezy over western subs.No rain atm. roads dry on way to Sunbury.Cloud high as planes clearly visible on take off from Tulla.

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Dribbly rain for the ride to work. Actually it was mostly dry but the roads were wet so it was a bit splashy.

The hills did well over the previous 24 hours, but most of the metro area between 2 & 4mm.

1658880829653.png

Luken

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Belgrave South, 230m ASL
www.p1technology.com.au
Only 12mm since Sat here, keep expecting to pickup more, but can't be greedy. Nothing interesting to report from today, other than it's certainly not as cold as yesterday. Very glad for the beanie whilst out and about yesterday, today not required.

Has been a good steady winter so far, consistently damp, but without too many useless grey cold days that do nothing, which has been nice. Anti-Cyclonic Gloom they were calling it on ABC, hate that stuff! More of the same to come by the looks with Sat looking a little brighter.

wernerk

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Flinders Park
@wernerk , I provide the birdbaths, so I think they were expecting me to provide the ice-skate hire for them too! LOL
The ice crystals are on Oxalis, very similar to clover, and is the bane of many gardens around here!

The birds enjoyed the garden a bit more today as we hit a top of 18.5 quite late this afternoon, on the northeast outskirts. We've had a few days like today, this past week, with the sun burning off the early morning mist.

IMG_5936.jpg

Great day to be out doing the gardening, with bright sunshine all day. It was a different story in Melbourne town last night. We got there around 5pm, but the rain missed out on wetting us. The paths were fairly wet from an earlier shower though.

We were back outdoors around 9.30pm, and it began raining lightly as we walked to the car, our foresight to bring brollies was wise. It rained a little heavier on the drive home, but the city always looks great no matter what. Photos taken on the go in the car, just with the iphone. I was the photographer, not the driver!

IMG_2318.jpg
IMG_2319.jpg

Rain was sustained until the wee hours, which sounded wonderful on the roof, although very light as we didn’t total more than 5mm. We really need so much more as the local billabongs are still almost empty.

IMG_4375.jpg
IMG_4376.jpg
Yes, oxalis is the bane of many gardeners in Adelaide too. Our oxalis tends to have more spots on it which is probably why I didn't recognise it in your photos.

Love the photo with the sun filtering through the trees, really sets the mood of a nice sunny afternoon!

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Do they have heated bird baths in Canberra?
Freeze a birds arse up there.....though Melb has been cold its a whole lot better than waking up to minus 4 often.
200.gif

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
A bit cooler today, damp roads, but no rain.
Radar shows scattered showers coming in from the SW. Models suggest we may see a few more this afternoon. BOM has the chance of small hail from this afternoon, with the snow line dropping to 800m.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using