Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

balmz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2019
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
Bloody freezing this weekend. Was super chilly sitting at the MCG today. Made the call to put thermals on under the jeans and didn't regret it.

Some "light" showers on radar pushed through throughout the game but today was that type of light but dense rain that really soaks you along with that bone chilling wind.

Happy to be back home with the heater on!

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Still hooking in @ Willson's Prom, taking out the windiest station in Aus ATM.
...not to mention that wind chill.
Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 8.30.59 am.png

Reactions: DiscoStuAU

WarrandyteWX

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 10, 2019
Not here anymore.
Latest SWW for tomorrow.

SWW 20190716.JPG

Also good to see the Upper Yarra catchments getting a reasonable (and overdue) flush (read Minor Flood Warning for the Yarra.

Looking forward to a couple of mild and dry days to get things done outside, and then look towards a potential low level snow day next Wednesday (24/7).

Reactions: Wally

DiscoStuAU

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 30, 2015
Melbourne City, VIC
More annoying drizzle in Melbourne rolling in. Cool day however mild now, 13 in the city.

I see a couple of 16 - 18c days in the long range forecast for the city... Disliking that prospect

Reactions: Claude Cat

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Severe Weather Warning for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in parts of Central, East Gippsland, South West, North East and West and South Gippsland Forecast Districts.

Issued at 4:16 am Wednesday, 17 July 2019.

Squally winds developing Wednesday afternoon/evening.

upload_2019-7-17_9-12-12.png

A cold front will move rapidly across Bass Strait Wednesday afternoon and evening.

DAMAGING WINDS, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts of 90 to 100 km/h are possible around coastal parts of Victoria Wednesday afternoon and evening most likely associated with the passage of the cold front. Winds of similar magnitudes are also likely to develop over Alpine areas (above 1200 metres) of eastern Victoria during Wednesday afternoon.

Winds are expected to ease from the west late afternoon and will ease throughout the threat area by midnight.

Locations which may be affected include Warrnambool, Portland, Wonthaggi, Morwell, Traralgon and Sale.

balmz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2019
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
I can't remember such an extended period of miserable rainy/drizzly weather in Melbourne (even in Winter) for a while.

Usually we get a high pressure system come in after a front to bring the sun back out and warm up a few degrees before the next front.

Don't get me wrong, I love what it brings for temperature and snow though!

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Clear and mild this morning here in Melbourne. Moderate winds from the NW.
TBH it hasn't really been cold this winter here in Melbourne. Maybe 2 frosty mornings that I can remember?
I got away with my lighter "warm" riding kit so far, the real warm clothes haven't left the rack yet.

Reactions: DiscoStuAU

DiscoStuAU

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 30, 2015
Melbourne City, VIC
Clear and mild this morning here in Melbourne. Moderate winds from the NW.
TBH it hasn't really been cold this winter here in Melbourne. Maybe 2 frosty mornings that I can remember?
I got away with my lighter "warm" riding kit so far, the real warm clothes haven't left the rack yet.
Agree, this winter in the city has felt warmer than usual, both days and nights. Only had my big jacket out a few times this season and can only remember 2 or 3 low single digit nights

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
A wet n windy n miserable-sounding night in SE Melb - had quite a few lately but not really that cold except for the Sat arvo front. And that soon warmed up.

A strange winter. If the highs move north by just 5 degrees I reckon we'd be sweet. <SIGH>

Big_Red_60

One of Us
Apr 17, 2018
TAMBO UPPER
Been waiting 3 years for a decent ECL. :(
An ABC article today on this. Looks nice and green driving through Gippsland at the moment, but soil very dry below the surface. Need a couple of big rain events to change that, with follow up, but looks like another crap spring is on the cards.
Meanwhile, looks like we're in for yet another pleasant day. Mostly clear skies and light winds at this point.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-19/gippsland-goes-through-green-drought/11322364

Big_Red_60

One of Us
Apr 17, 2018
TAMBO UPPER
Very mild in Melbourne today, only requiring a light jumper and shirt. Doesn't feel like the middle of July - more like September.
Lovely day in our area in East Gippsland. T-shirt weather. I let the fires go out and probably won't re-light them until after dinner. Forecast for clear skies tonight - perfect beer drinking weather around the fire pit!

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Yes nice sun, Very breezy though in Melbourne this morning, I'd say 35-40 km/h gusts, 15-20 average.
Radio stated 15c at ~ 1pm. Early spring?

High cloud was moving very quickly - almost giving the appearance of an approaching front but my home barometer not falling.

Better than wind, cloud & drizzle of late. For southerners!!

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
Went up to Mt Macedon today for a hike. Arrived to foggy low vis and very windy. Cold temps. By the time we'd finished the sun was just coming through and we could see the view.

Such a great view from mt towrong....i run a fair bit a macedon and always enjoy it

MVIMG_20190720_105536.jpg
MVIMG_20190720_125353.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass