Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

WarrandyteWX

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 10, 2019
Not here anymore.
SWW out for Damaging Winds - DAMAGING NORTHERLY WINDS averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts of 90 to 100 km/h are likely to develop over western Victoria on Monday afternoon, then extend to central and eastern districts overnight.

SWW 20190722 0450.png

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
It was a sheet washing laundry day yesterday with clear skies , sun and a stiff breeze. It is now looking dark , cool and ominous with a some precipitation here in NE Melbourne. I think tomorrow is still on track for a Mt. Stirling XC ski day trip.
Ski on Fresh snow , that is the way to go!

glengary

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2015
A quick burst of showers earlier now sunshine in Cranbourne. Wondering if the second through will deliver later today

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
It is still too warm , dry and sunny here in NE Melbourne to be getting all excited about snow falling in them thar hills but I will pack the car this afternoon nonetheless for a XC trip tomorrow. Maybe tonight we will get the cold and wet weather we need?

Ruckle

One of Us
Jul 8, 2019
Woodend VIC 578m ASL
4mm till 10am today, a few showers since and lots of sun this arvo. Got up to pretty average temp of 9.2c. Sharp baro drop and wind increase in the last hour or so. Nice looking bleakness in the sky and hoping for a reasonably wet evening. Now if only the high on Friday could move a few hundred miles north there is some pretty cold air lurking.....

balmz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2019
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
Got hammered on the way home from work. Nice to hear some thunder. The last cell just pushed through dropping more hail, lightning and thunder. Gets me a little excited for spring/summer storms again if they ever come back to Melbourne. o_O

Hoping this produces a nice amount of the white stuff up top though!

Reactions: Orebound

WarrandyteWX

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 10, 2019
Not here anymore.
5mm out of that fiesty line of activity last night.
Plenty of wind and one cracking CG that pulsed for well over a second, which was unexpected.
TBH, was expecting closer to 15mm but that was reserved for burbs a little further south of where I sit.
Again, another winter system that is far too westerly for anything notable.

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Yeh, my gauge had 5mm as well. It was more show than go, as these things tend to be.
Clear and crisp this morning. Nice not to have to battle the winds.

Reactions: DiscoStuAU

Ruckle

One of Us
Jul 8, 2019
Woodend VIC 578m ASL
Another 2mm of almost warm frontal or warm air advection? type drizzle overnight. Nudging 10c atm. Tomorrow still a little varied on the models, feels like somewhere might get more than 1-5mm generally advertised as the boundary doesn't move fast. 12z run of Ukmet has a reasonable drop around Melbourne later tomorrow.

DiscoStuAU

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 30, 2015
Melbourne City, VIC
Overcast all day in Melbourne, we didn't get to our forecast top of 17 - we topped out at 14.8c.

Chilly in the wind all day, sitting by the Yarra at the moment watching the world go by.

WarrandyteWX

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 10, 2019
Not here anymore.
A bit of pre-frontal activity about, the sky has an unsettled look to it.
Very little wind which is a positive for rainfall to slowly accumulate this afternoon/evening.
A fall in excess of 5mm will satisfy this little black duck...

Reactions: Claude Cat

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Overcast this morning, mild enough to back in the shorts for the ride.
Winds from the north, moderate strength.
Radar shows scattered showers moving through from the west, I expect more this afternoon.

Reactions: WarrandyteWX

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
It is still too warm and only a shower of rain was seen passing over the NE suburbs today around 12.30 pm . I saw a crow with some nest making materials in its beak flying over the outdoor 50 M. pool where I was smashing out 2.5 kms.

A harbinger of spring.

I need to prune the roses tomorrow.
August better be very cold, wet , dark and miserable. I still have some skiing to do !!

Wally

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2010
Franga
Cold and light rain/drizzle here in Frankston. My girls have a Friday night U12s footy match at Chelsea under lighta, which we were hoping for a pleasant even but I think this has set in for a bit.

Reactions: Claude Cat
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass