Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

Bluebird

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 16, 2013
Melbourne
Lovely crisp morning. Looks like it was a nice sunrise but I only caught the tail end of it. There were some nice reflections on the Yarra to make up for it. Clouds appear to be building from the west now though.
IMG_20200811_132302_207.jpg

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
Jumped the wall to Mexico
Yeah I got to enjoy the whole edit: sunRISE as I started my ride in the dark and finished after the colour. Was up high in Kew and could see some of the distant hills, and misty valleys along with the fantastic pinks and oranges. No time to stop for photos, gotta maximise the moving time!

Last edited:

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Pretty grim, gloomy afternoon today in Melbourne. The breeze has been up for much of the day and cloud rolled in around lunch.
It's actually looking rather moist to the NW, radar shows it mostly sliding SW of Melbourne though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiscoStuAU

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Was raining at 6am, so went back to bed instead of going for a ride.
A bit breezy now, a bit of a breeze from the north. Haven't seen much of the sun so far today.

Reactions: DiscoStuAU

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
Jumped the wall to Mexico
Was raining at 6am, so went back to bed instead of going for a ride.
A bit breezy now, a bit of a breeze from the north. Haven't seen much of the sun so far today.
Must have just missed me here. Wet ground was wet and then so was the seat of my pants. But still good to be out. Much darker with the weather, but still plenty of peeps and dogs out there. Must have been warmer though, no condensation at home today - scientific measurement.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Big_Red_60

One of Us
Apr 17, 2018
TAMBO UPPER
Radar looking more like late Spring than mid August. Few showers and storms popping up in North Central and NW of the Metro.

See if any make it into town.
Felt very much like late Spring today - doors and windows open. Few cells popped up, big fat rain, sunshine, rainbows and pretty warm. First time since about April we haven't lit the big fire of an evening. Doesn't look like it will last long, with wintry conditions to return next week.

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
You two are far from lazy!
Just over 3mm here. Daughter said it was heavy for a bit and sounded like hail at one point early this morning.
Very mild out with a nice moody looking sky. Would be a treat to have a little flash bang later.

balmz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2019
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
Looking nice on radar. Looks quite heavy in spots but not sure if its actually that heavy on the ground. Keen to know from anyone under those heavier echo's to confirm if its that heavy or not. One passed over me but it really didn't rain very hard.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Rain went torrential around Bayswater on my way home, lots of water across the roads. Dry at home but radar suggesting more drifting down

Reactions: Snowy Joey

balmz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2019
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
What a round 2 that was! Very localised but as some are saying around the FTG, Bayswater, Knox area it was absolutely torrential for a good hour or so. Decided to get out of the house and appease the 12 year old in me.

I kitted up in the water proof gear and took the MTB out along the bike paths from FTG to Knox and back in what was completely torrential rain. Most fun I've had in a while!

Watched the drain overflow's and creeks build up rapidly and start to fill into the retarding basin out the back of Knox shopping centre. Few flangs around as others picked up. All in all a great evening! :thumbs:

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
What no weather for two days....what is going on.....Team Bears getting confused ?
Sunny in the Glen Iris region all day.....very light breeze ...mild most of day.....

Reactions: Claude Cat

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
DDA6BDAB-2F5E-41D9-AF19-E321530F5C2A.png
We see UV index has lifted a little...will be nice when summer comes back so we can resume Bush Activities .

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Had a little bit of rain late morning and then again mid-arvo as the pattern marched S/N.

Saved the 1000hrs MSLP chart yesterday, in hope that the servers would return one day... #complicated

20200816 1000.png
BOM has fallen in love with warm fronts.

Mild morning, light winds, high/broken clouds, even a bit of sunshine today.

rime noreason

One of Us
Jun 6, 2014
A whiter shade of pale
6emgw.jpg
I don’t always post, but when I do, I don’t, because ski.com.au is out of order. I don't know who Trappers is, but it would be great if he could stop breaking our internet;)LOL

So mild and pleasant on the northeast outskirts lately. If we can’t be in snow, this is quite an acceptable second best.

I think the springtime seeds may struggle to take flight this season though as today continues the winter trend of yet another breathlessly calm day, a little sun peeking through earlier after spending the morning social distancing with the locals in soft misty morning light

IMG_8372.JPG

IMG_8384.jpg
IMG_8426.jpg

The ;little bloke here is quite a comical character. He has the shortest little arms like a T-rex, and here, it's a bit hard to tell but his body is actually facing the same way as Mum in front, you can see just a bit of his knees below her arms, and he's actually bending a long way backwards to peer from behind Mum, his breakfast hanging out of his mouth.

IMG_8396.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass