Day to Day VIC & Melbourne weather

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Team Bears used the two hour window in the weather to punch the blades along the bike track in Port Melb ....the wind surfers were loving the conditions.....nobody about apart from a few joggers!

Hopefully better windows tomorrow for exercising .......wind had large component from the south so not to hard on the east west alignment.

balmz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2019
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
Is this our next snow making express heading our way?
UQS33I.jpg

DiscoStuAU

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 30, 2015
Melbourne City, VIC
Heavy showers moving through Melbourne ATM. Windy and cold, feels like mid winter - loving it now I'm home rugged up.

My AWS crashed from 7.5 to 6.1 as the showers have moved through

Ruckle

One of Us
Jul 8, 2019
Woodend VIC 578m ASL
Snow off and on from 1am till 330 or so here. Temp was just over 1 most of the time so fluffy flakes could be seen sitting on surfaces then melting. At times quite heavy and worth sitting up for. No showers here atm, hoping for another go before sunrise perhaps. Current temp 0.5c and becoming breezy

Reactions: Claude Cat

Guthega Girl

Addicted
Sep 6, 2004
Northcote / Daylesford
Bit scary isn’t it ! The roads around black Spurr, macendon, Ballan etc aren’t good in the wet and wind add in snow and it’s a totally different ball game. Really unless you have to travel you’d avoid them at all costs as you don’t know what could happen with this weather

WarrandyteWX

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 10, 2019
Not here anymore.
24hr rainfall to 0900hrs - 64 @ Mt St Leonard which also verifies against the 50cm snow report @ Lake Mountain.

12mm locally which land the system total to near on 35mm, which I was hoping/wishing for. Milder weather in the forecast, garden/lawn to go coco bananas....
20190812.JPG

Claude Cat

On my bike
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
Current flood warnings for Victoria

Moderate Flood Warning for the Latrobe River
Minor Flood Warning for the Barwon River
Minor Flood Warning for the Bunyip River
Minor Flood Warning for the Werribee River
Minor Flood Warning for the Yarra River

Reactions: Vermillion

WarrandyteWX

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 10, 2019
Not here anymore.
A jogger killed in Princes Park this morning when a tree weakened due to the winds and rain came down at 8:30am.

This system was always going to pose a safety risk to the community. A combination of prolonged wet weather (not amount but duration) coupled with several days of strong winds.

I hate the term "thoughts/prayers" however our feelings go out to those directly affected by those whom have passed. Also to those "first responders", the Black Spur scene would have been horrific.

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
That why Team Bears go a bit proactive around our(your)campsites with the dead trees!
Another sad tragic death....this one.worse than being in vehicle ...you would think that hearing something you may jump out of the road !

Cold out here in Caroline Sorings but pretty still.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass