1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Video Reports a con?

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by Snow Blowey, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Snow Blowey

Snow Blowey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

When i was heading out on friday morning i noticed that the Thredbo snow mobile crew had been hard at work on the slopes up behind Karels. Looked like they had been filming there. I think this area is within the resort boundary but definitely not lift accessed.

Sure enough on todays video report theres a heap of footage shot up in that area. Just wondering how people feel about that? Does it make you feel like you've been misslead or are you happy to see good footage on the reports knowing that its not stuff thats accessible from the lifts.

2. K10

K10 Hard Yards

I remember seeing them up there last year and thought it was pretty sus
    They were on a traverse track to DHG but inside the resort - no skidoos though
    They had to stop filming as we traipsed past on our way out
    I wondered why the hell they would bother to go to all that trouble to deceive the punters and p-off the regulars

3. robbied

robbied First Runs

It's obviously misrepresenting general resort conditions so I would be pissed off.

4. scottik187

scottik187 Hard Yards

Standard IMO.

it comes and no shock to me that Thredbo would do this, - its what marketing is all about, dress up the truth (read: lie) and present the best possible product they can.

Then - when you get down the Thredbo, the lifts don't work, and you can wait around all morning for a chair...after dropping $98 on a ticket.

5. B94

B94 First Runs

All resorts do it, they have to. Take them for what they are - comedy!

I love listening to snow reports, they get me pumped for a good day even when I know it's gonna be crap!