1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Visiting Buller 31st Aug, looking for advice on transport

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by Agent86, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Agent86

Agent86 First Runs

Hey, I was directed here by a reddit user after posting there.

I'm visiting Buller for the second time, arriving on the 31st. My flight is getting in about 11:40am-12pm and I'm struggling to find transport from Melbourne to Mansfield or Buller on that day aiming to arrive the Wednsday evening, all the coaches I've come across depart Melbourne before I arrive.

Mansfield to Buller at 6pm is not a problem, I can get a bus with MMBL, and the return trip, Buller to Melbourne is also sorted. It's just the Melbourne to Mansfield part that I need advice on. I've searched all the bus companies I can find, and none of them seem to be able to get me from Melb to Buller during that 12pm-6pm window.

The last time I visited Buller, I rented a car. I'd prefer not to do that again if possible.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be really grateful.

2. Jellybeans

Jellybeans calm and rational Ski Pass: Gold

Yeah the best would be the 6pm service on Vline to Mansfield.
    Hitch or ask for car pool around these forums if you really can't wait that long

3. wolly

wolly One of Us

and the vline coach connects with mmbl through to mt buller

4. Agent86

Agent86 First Runs

Thanks, this will be the default option if all others fail, I am really not keen on arriving at 10pm though. I'll be staying at the packers, which I haven't stayed at before.

I'd happily carpool, or even pay a bit of money for a lift out there, but it's not likely anyone's going to have 6 hours return to kill on a random Wednesday.

5. Jellybeans

Jellybeans calm and rational Ski Pass: Gold

I will reach out to my networks and see if anyone is going up the hill on that day

6. Agent86

Agent86 First Runs

Sweet, thanks heaps. I'm willing to kick in 100% of petrol money, park entry for the car and a bottle of drivers choice of booze or $50, whichever they prefer, if that helps.

travelislife likes this.