1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Vodafone coverage in Thredbo

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by rugbyskier, Nov 29, 2019.

1. rugbyskier

rugbyskier One of Us

I'm considering changing service provider for my mobile phone from Telstra to Vodafone but on-mountain coverage at Thredbo will be the key to my decision. I would be keen to hear from Vodafone users as to the extent of coverage on the mountain.

I've looked at the coverage map and it indicates outdoor coverage but looks to be patchy. I rang Vodafone to get advice on current and planned coverage but the tech staff in the overseas call centre didn't even know where Thredbo was, I was eventually told "we have excellent coverage in Jindabyne" to which I responded "that's a fat lot of good, I will be 35km from there".

2. Billy_Buttons

Billy_Buttons A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Have been with Vodafone for 3 years and have had perfect reception in both Thredbo and Jindabyne, even in peak AUGUST! :thumbs:

rugbyskier and Jonathan_P like this.
  3. Covo

Covo First Runs

Vodafone coverage can be slow on some parts of the mountain, especially at certain restaurants at lunch time when heaps of people (and phones) are packed together

rugbyskier likes this.
  4. Billy_Buttons

Billy_Buttons A Local Ski Pass: Gold

...also, our portable modem as well as phone is Vodafone...same/same! Clearly less people are on the network because of the Vodafail days. So lets just shut this thread down now, ok! ;)

Jacko4650 likes this.
  5. Hanz Onyawaif

Hanz Onyawaif Hard Yards

I believe Optus has a tower in Thredbo near the cat shed between the Kosi & snowgums chairs. I had Virgin which is carried by Optus & it had great reception in Thredbo with the exception of a couple of years ago when there was no reception at all for a few days due to a major fault within the network.
    I'm now on Vodafone & have never had any issues with them however there are black spots such as the very furthest cabins at Riverside cabins which are a black hole on all networks.