1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Use the Force filters, Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

TUTORIAL: How to post in Gear Swap so it sells

Telemark Voile Vector 180

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by skifree, Jul 18, 2019.

1. skifree

skifree Sort of old & definitely grey Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Voile Vector 180 for sale.

Beautiful light ski, good inbound excellent outbound.

Set up with inserts for Meidjo bindings.

Some top sheet wear & tear, bases pretty good. Kept well waxed.

$200.00 ex Jindabyne until Roctober.

Untele-whippet likes this.
  2. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Could be interested but not planning on being anywhere near Jindabyne until later in the year. Binding inserts look neat, but can these skis take other bindings? Not sure about Meidjo.

3. skifree

The Meidjo is a very good NTN tech toe binding.

I could pull the inserts and fill with epoxy which is what I did to all my skis that were set up for duckbill bindings, I then put inserts for Meidjos in, so far no issues. About to repeat this on a very old pair of skis. But these Vectors post date my duckbill bindings so only have Meidjo inserts.

Then the new binding would need it's location tweaked to avoid the old filled holes which can sometimes be thought provoking.

I managed to do this on a pair of skis set up with inserts for Meidjos and ATK Telemarks. It's a crowded ski.

4. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Thanks. Interesting info. How young/old are Vector skis? Why don't you like them? I mean, why selling? I have read that some forum members (and others) experienced breakages with Meidjo and they are no longer in production but this could be wrong. If I could fit some more conventional bindings then still interested.

5. skifree

I'm a sucker for a new ski and have too many, apparently.:D They were actually bought for my partner who does not look like touring for a while yet, health issues.:(:(

I like the ski but I have other skis. And I do have other skis I could sell, but I've been too lazy to get them up and am waiitng on an eta for a new pair.:)

Sure some folks have broken Meidjos, but every other telemark binding has broken as well.:( It's just evolution of the binding. The Meidjo has been modified each time a weakness was found and if you ski it properly it should be fine, I have two pairs and have parts replaced under warranty, each time the new part is better than the failed part.

I have not heard if the Meidjo is out of production, if it is it's only because the one man show has been sidetracked by other things. But I will look into this report.

I cannot remember how old the ski is, since production maybe 4 years? I've just checked and Voile have not been helpful and have not put a serial number or the like on the ski. They do have a new version of this out called the Ultra or the Hyper or something like that.

The only other choice for a telemark binding in this category is the 22 Designs Lynx which skis and tours about the same, should be slightly more durable (bearing in mind the Lynx currently available is 1st production) based on skiing the Beta version last year and looking at the 1st production version yesterday. The big difference in my mind is the Meidjo has effective release. And there are only limited quantities of the production Lynx about. Wilderness Sports has 6 pairs, well they started with that many, might have sold some by now.

PS these are not the pattern base version, these are proper skis with a smooooth (well apart from the structure by Adi) base.

6. skifree