1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Report Wanaka 2017

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Heinz, Aug 4, 2017.

1. LMB

LMB Old but definitely not Crusty! Ski Pass: Gold

It absolutely floored me when I slid in to him at the pick up location on run7 he said 'ahhh watching you guys board makes me want to get my board out'... I assumed he didn't board by the choices he made and the communication or lack there of.

I'm not complaining, it was a great day out, and he was a lovely guy. It was just very different to how the other 4 guides I've worked with have played it.
    The terrain was way easier, but the route choice got us snookered more often. Lots of gullys to cross.

Anyway...weathers coming in.
    Next top up is on its way. I hope it bonds well because there was quite a wind crust on top of soft up high, and it was actually sugary yesterday afternoon on the valley floor - very warm day - the bees were out looking for a feed!

2. Heinz

Heinz Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

One of the Chinese guys who skied with us on the last day in the South Buchanans sent Stewart a few pics from that day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#102 Heinz, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    LMB likes this.