1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted - On Site Caravan Jindabyne

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by CJP, Sep 10, 2014.

1. CJP

CJP Hard Yards

Hi, I am looking into buying an on-site caravan in either of the Parks in Jindabyne. Any information on Vans for sale or any upcoming would be great.
    Also, I would love to hear from anyone with a van already on site in Jindabyne.
    Thanks
    Craig P

2. Donza

Donza Pool Room

Hey mate. What's your budget ?

3. CJP

CJP Hard Yards

Would prefer if could get something that needs some work but if not have a budget of around $15000.
    I am not really sure what the going rate is.

4. rocketboy

rocketboy One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

The problem with buying a fix it up - is that the costs could be more than something ready to go. A quality van in good condition with annex and ready to use is going to be 25-35K - But that said there are currently 3 vans either just built or getting built. One just took an existing small van and whacked a very large max size custom built annex on using corrugated iron sheeting. They will eventually replace the small van with a full size van. Another is being built and will take a while to finish. While the third was built last winter and cost a motza to have the annex added on. It all comes down to material costs and how much of the labor you can do yourself. Once you outsource the labor an annex will easily cost 20-25K to get to lockup stage.

JHP has a list of vans for sale at any one time - just call them and ask that they email you details on vans for sale. That's how we bought ours at the end of 2011. It was fully decked out ready to go - only bought a stay sharp knife the first year. Since then we have done the park required upgrades, and bought a new gas heater.

The park in town is the best as it's so convenient. You can walk to the shops and cinema and bars. Best thing we ever did. Total cost of a season on snow is not much more than what the average family ends up spending on a one a week snow holiday if they have to hire and pay full freight for tickets and accomodation.

SMSkier and Donza like this.
  5. Legs Akimbo

Legs Akimbo Grumblebum Ski Pass: Gold

For $15,000 you could get an on mountain lodge membership (although you will be at the mercy of the booking officer). Just a thought.

6. tbnext

tbnext One of Us

I would consider what legs said. I bought a membership in a thredbo lodge for slightly more than you are indicating. Yes there are nightly fees. Hands down best buy I ever made and I have mates lining up to take paid nights.

7. kiter

kiter One of Us

15 k will buy 2 memberships at many lodges and some have a lodge at thredbo and perisher

8. bradw

bradw Hard Yards

I've got a van in Berridale. It's one of the best things I've done.

You can leave all your gear there during the season and leave it stocked with food etc, plus you can go whenever you like and stay an extra day without any worries.

The annual costs in Berridale are heaps cheaper than Jindy, and it's a lovely little town without all the partying idiots.

Many of the vans there (mine included) have set up their own bathrooms and drying rooms, so life is very comfortable.

It's only an additional 20 minutes each way, which you really don't notice after the first few times, and anyway, it's a small price to pay for the benefits.

Good luck,
    Brad.

9. Melisa George

Melisa George First Runs

Hello Craig If you are still looking for an onsite van we are selling a large van at Pat's Patch and have listed on Gumtree and here is the link.
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1070954470
    Thanks
    Melisa

10. David Andrews

David Andrews Hard Yards

link doesn't seem to work ????????

11. Melisa George

Melisa George First Runs

Hi David Did you try this link... sorry... let me know if you would like anymore information.

12. Melisa George

Melisa George First Runs

13. scott brunero

scott brunero First Runs

Hi

We have just decided to sell our beloved cabin in jindabyne, available 1st august this year 2015 for the peak season, toilet, shower, gas hot water, 3 bunks and a single room, TV, fridge, BBQ, picnic setting, email if intersected and I will send you some photos $18000, scottbrunero@hotmail.com cheers

Jen P likes this.
  14. Donza

Donza Pool Room

which park?

15. scott brunero

scott brunero First Runs

16. Jen P

Jen P First Runs

17. Jorja

Jorja First Runs

Hi we are looking to purchase an on site van at nuggets crossing park. Please let us know if you know anyone wanting to sell.
    Thankyou

18. Ted Harper

Ted Harper One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

I think I saw one for sale there on the notice board in Nuggets Crossing 2 nights ago. I didn’t take particular note of the details (I have my own van in Berridale) and I am in Sydney now but maybe someone in Jindy could grab you a photo and post it if you don’t get any other replies...