1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed Weather and/or Condition Apps Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Lonepeak, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Lonepeak

Lonepeak Hard Yards

Anyone have some favorite apps for confirming which area to ski that day in Japan? Most resort sites seem skimpy on daily report details.

For a January Otaru trip I will be trying to figure out which resort to hit on a particular day. One of the areas is supposedly "better than Kiroro if winds are howling," which would sway where we went. Ditto on Niseko - finding a decent snow report when considering if a day trip to Rusutsu or Kiroro is worth doing.

2. CarveMan

CarveMan Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Good luck, I drove away from a couple of feet of new snow at Niseko one day to Rusutsu which got skunked, because there was no early morning snow reporting like in the rest of the world.

3. ojisan

ojisan Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Don't know about apps, but websites such as snowforecast or windy will give you an idea of what's in store.
    checkout the snow report page on snowjapan as well

4. Lonepeak

Lonepeak Hard Yards

Windy - been using that this summer. That should work well.

Apps was mis-stated by me. Just something on a smartphone works (like websites mentioned). Thanks.