1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

website development

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by dar, Apr 5, 2007.

1. dar

dar First Runs

I am an experienced web developer who loves sking and would love to work on ski related web sites.

I am an expert in website development with the following features:

cms
    ecommerce
    database driven
    flash integration
    membership/booking systems
    shopping carts
    marketing using sms & email/newsletter to your clients
    plus more

Latest project can be seen at http://www.chimuadventures.com

Happy to look at contra deals for accomodation etc

drop me an email david@webcoders.com.au

#1 dar, Apr 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  2. teckel

teckel Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

dar, I've spent today looking at various shopping cart systems. I was a programmer/systems analyst/systems designer/project manager (pretty damned good even if I say so myself) for 25 years but have been totally out of the loop for the last 5. However, I'm determined to do my own, so sorry. Anyway, I can't possibly afford to pay anyone anything at present. The web host I'm thinking of using supports Cubecart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart and Soho Launch. They seem to mainly use php and MySQL, neither of which I have any knowledge, but am more than happy to learn. Which of the above would you recommend? I don't want to pay much for add-ons at this stage. The idea of the online store will be to generate turnover and cashflow. I'll maintain my physical shop as a walk-in retail store. I'm an outdoors shop & XC ski hire and expect to only sell to Australia (& maybe NZ). I'd like to have various informative articles on the website for people to use. I think things like "wish lists" are a waste of time. I'd like the software to fully support stock control and order processing. Happy if payment is by credit card only . I think people expect to pay by CC when they go to an online store. Obviously, security for both the customer and myself are very importannt.