Weekend 23rd to 24th June

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
Looking forward to good falls of snow this Thursday and Friday making this weekend the first official weekend of good snow at Lake Mountain this year. Let's hope the weather gods do what they're meant to.
The weather should stay poor throughout the weekend, so it should snow right through, especially on Sunday. At the end of it all, we will hopefully have a good base for the school holidays starting one week later.
If the weather is likely to change from this, I'll post it on here.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Good stuff, looks sweet, hope it's a season starter for you guys
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

cin

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 31, 2008
Chernobyl, Russia
I reckon your going to get lucky tecks
be prepared for the hoards and sell your services like an indian telemarketer

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Good luck for the weekend tecks!

Need MOAR snow - i am planning to bring a couple of family members up at some stage that haven't seen the white stuff in many years.

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
teckel said:
Cool. Call in

I actually drove past late last Tuesday, but was on a mission to get the Reefton & Reefton Pub done by a reasonable hour.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
Hmmm. Looking at the weather charts, it may not start snowing at Lake Mountain until tomorrow (Friday). The winds will remain from the NW for another day. Paradoxically, it's the NW winds that bring snow to places like Hotham and Falls Creek, but the southern resorts like Lake Mountain and Baw Baw benefit from the southerlies. That's not likely to happen until Friday. Even so, chains must be carried to LM today for all 2WD vehicles.

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
I've just have some Queenslanders return their gear. They went up expecting a small patch of man-made snow and rain. To their surprise (and mine too) it started snowing while they were there. They were thrilled. They admitted the snow was very wet, and looking at the cams, I can see some wet slop that wasn't there earlier. Bring on tomorrow!

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
currawong said:
so sneak away from a ski before the weekend. you know you want to
Sounds like hard work - trails aren't groomed yet
wink.gif
. And I have to do final touches to the shop. I finally finished removing the summer wax off the last pair of skis yesterday. Over 200 pairs of skis had to be done.

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
At this stage, the best they can say is that that decision will be made in the morning, if there is sufficient snow. Although it snowed last night and most of today, it's still to soft underfoot to put a groomer over it. So it really depends on how much falls overnight.

However, on Sunday they will be running the SprintX ski event on man-made snow they've been stockpiling for it. $20 entry online. So consider entering that. They're actually out grooming the course atm.

p2p

Addicted
Ski Pass
Aug 18, 2000
Newport, Vic
Had a few hours on the light touring gear today - surprisingly good. Was a bit worried with no sign of snow until some time after the entry gate but although the cover is limited the skiing was quite enjoyable. They'd done multiple skiddoo grooming runs on Echo Flat, Snowgum and Wollybutt, and a single pass on Muster. They were possibly looking at a pass along Panorama around lunchtime but not sure. A bit of drizzle and a few light flurries and pretty calm.

Quite possible to skate as well, though a little soft in spots. While there are plenty of washouts they are easily avoided and the only really ordinary section was near the end of the return trail on Echo Flat. Well worth a visit as long as you don't expect too much.

On Woolybutt
P1010729.JPG

P1010731.JPG

Echo Flat Trail heading toward Triangle Junction

P1010734.JPG

Snow plow queen

First Runs
May 20, 2007
NE Melbourne
Was very magical on Saturday, very quiet too. They had groomed panorama by lunchtime. Only real marginal section was the last 100m of Roystons on the way back, but didnt need to take skis off
smile.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass