1. Use the Force Filters Luke Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

Sold Western Mountaineering Tamarack for sale

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by Moondog55, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Moondog55

Moondog55 Dedicated Member

Only a couple of seasons old but my Beloved bought me a replavcement that is a little warmer and a little lighter so I should sell this to buy some new gear. Everybody needs new gear from time to time.
    Western Mountaineering do make quality sleeping bags. This one is in new condition although I may not be able to find the original stuff sack or storage sack. If I can't then a suitable alternative will be supplied. These are special order only in Oz and I hate to think what Paddys would charge you for one. Retail in the USA for $270 USD. and WM never discount
    I am asking $300- posted
    http://www.westernmountaineering.com/sleeping-bags/extremelite-series/tamarak/

The temperature rating is conservative. It travelled in my day pack for emergency use nd was available to use as a temperature extender inside my big bag but it was never needed as my UL swn through half bag containing 100 grams of down was enough.
    As an experiment I used this plus my old down parka one very cold night at Pretty Valley, inside the bivvy sack and using my good mattress system I was more than warm enough and got at least 6 hours sleep.
    This bag would suit a new bag purchaser, either to use as a half bag or even as a kids bag

2. weerab

weerab Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

What no hood and only 30deg Fahrenheit.

Just realised it is goose down, is it more of an elephants foot type of bag?

3. Moondog55

Well it is only 1500mm top to bottom.
    I used it as an elephants foot using my parka
    -2C is, as I said a very conservative rating.
    I prefer no zip on my bags and as WM now have a zipperless version of this I am getting the zipperless version.
    Use this with a LW down parka and you can use your summer weight quilt in winter or add 15/20 degrees to the rating of your existing SB [ assuming there is enough room inside that is] depending on the warmth of the parka.
    Because of the zipper you can open up the bottom, hitch the half bag up a bit and walk to the loo, open it up and use it as a cuddle throw in front of the fire or cover your legs at the football, all in a package the size of a coke bottle and weighing just over a half kilo

4. Moondog55

I have a cheap down jacket here Womens 12 RipCurl surf wear, it comes as part of the sale if wanted Was my daughters years ago Also fits blokes to 38 chest, pretty much a unisex cut

5. Moondog55

Any interest at $250- before it goes into the gear stash for the tadpoles in a year or three?

6. Moondog55

Down jacket no longer available but bag still is

7. Moondog55

Bump?
    Doesn't anybody need a warm boost so you can get out and about or need a bivvy for "Just-In-Case"?
    I could put it in the stash but I sort of need the money for other gear

8. Moondog55

Sold pending payment

9. Moondog55