Westjet showing Qantas flight cheaper? Is this right?

Parkesyau

Hard Yards
Jul 15, 2014
Hi guys
So I tentatively have a FF seat going to SFO 22nd Dec arrives at 3:30pm and needed to get connection to Calgary by a certain time but I am finding the flights are ridiculously expensive( $650+ to go from SFO to Calgary with an overnight stop in Vancouver or Seattle)for the evening flights. So I am now considering refunding my FF seat and buying a one way. I can use the points for our domestic legs so this will be a win.
The cheapest I could find was united airlines for $1700 one way via sfo or La.
Today I had another look on Google flights and something has popped up which looks interesting but also so wrong.
Westjet is showing a one way fare at $1400 departing Mel on wed 21 Dec with a Qf direct to lax, an overnight in LA then a flight to Calgary next day( which will be fine with my plans)
This is if booked via westjet. Qantas comes up over $1k more
Is this even legit?
I am so torn whether to keep waiting or just book

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Hi guys
So I tentatively have a FF seat going to SFO 22nd Dec arrives at 3:30pm and needed to get connection to Calgary by a certain time but I am finding the flights are ridiculously expensive( $650+ to go from SFO to Calgary with an overnight stop in Vancouver or Seattle)for the evening flights. So I am now considering refunding my FF seat and buying a one way. I can use the points for our domestic legs so this will be a win.
The cheapest I could find was united airlines for $1700 one way via sfo or La.
Today I had another look on Google flights and something has popped up which looks interesting but also so wrong.
Westjet is showing a one way fare at $1400 departing Mel on wed 21 Dec with a Qf direct to lax, an overnight in LA then a flight to Calgary next day( which will be fine with my plans)
This is if booked via westjet. Qantas comes up over $1k more
Is this even legit?
I am so torn whether to keep waiting or just book
Not sure why you suspect it's not legit? Took me all of 20 seconds to run that booking on westjet.com. CAD1231.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Parkesyau

Hard Yards
Jul 15, 2014
I def know it’s legit I am just wondering what the catch is and how they can sell a QF seat so much cheaper? I want to book it it’s def a cheaper way to get to Calgary even though there’s an overnight in La

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
I def know it’s legit I am just wondering what the catch is and how they can sell a QF seat so much cheaper? I want to book it it’s def a cheaper way to get to Calgary even though there’s an overnight in La
Good reminder to always look at flight aggregators like Google flights.

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
In times of COVID (and it's still here), the most flexible way of doing things is to book directly with the airline, so if any changes need to be made, you can do it with the airline..... otherwise you're piss farting around with a 3rd party.

Crystal

Sand skier extraordinaire
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Far far away Aussie expat
In times of COVID (and it's still here), the most flexible way of doing things is to book directly with the airline, so if any changes need to be made, you can do it with the airline..... otherwise you're piss farting around with a 3rd party.
or...if you have a tried and trusted travel agent. Mine is great, i don't always use her for things and pick and choose each trip. This year I have chosen to put my flights with an agent just because covid.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using