1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

What a weekend....!! 7-8/07/2007

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by ActiveGal, Jul 9, 2007.

1. ActiveGal

ActiveGal First Runs

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Got down to Perisher, first weekend of the season for me... what a dramatic difference to last year! [​IMG] The snow charts I was looking at in the Snowy times show last year to be the worst in many. Wonder how this year would stack up already?

What a great weekend... a fantastic start to 2007 for us.

Cherry Pow Pow's new store at the old shops in Jindy on the ground level is a pretty neat set-up..

Hope everyone else had a great one?

#1 ActiveGal, Jul 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  2. VSG

VSG Crayon Master Moderator

Re: What a weekend....!!

Hate you, Hummer girl. Hate you. [​IMG]

Had commitments here in Canberra, a mere 2 hour drive from PB.

Glad you had a great time. [​IMG]

#2 VSG, Jul 9, 2007
  3. white_beanie

white_beanie Part of the Furniture

ActiveGal, I was there too! It was amazing. The best for me were the run underneath the Pretty Valley double chair for plenty of room to do cruisy turns, and the untouched snow through the trees at Sun Valley. There was also some untouched to be found down lower, on the way back tot he mount P double chair [​IMG]

#3 white_beanie, Jul 9, 2007
  4. ActiveGal

ActiveGal First Runs

So weird you should post so early in the thread white_beanie, I thought of you a couple of times while I was down there, wearing my new white beanie...!! I felt like a fraud... I'm not you!! [​IMG]

Saturday I was lapping up the freshies through Interceptor. Went over to Perisher later in the afternoon. Sunday played around at Perisher up to midstation on the quad (was closed further up because of the visibility) and then we tubed it up to Blue Cow for more fresh on Summit and over that way...

Usually avoid park stuff on my first weekend of a season (to get my snow legs) but did my first little box rail too... hehehe CHEEKY!

Bugger VSG - That's torturous!! Hope you got quadruple time for your efforts and make it down this weekend, I'm sure it's going to be one of those 'talked about' seasons...

It's phenomenal down there at the moment, I was loving life. I'm so refreshed about Aus snow... If you can't have fun in stuff like that there's something wrong with you...

Gotta say as well Cherry Pow Pow were really friendly and helpful, hubby is in love with his bindings, he can't even feel that he's strapped in. Thank you Mick!! [​IMG] (We stopped in to give feedback Sunday but unfortunately he wasn't there).

#4 ActiveGal, Jul 9, 2007
  5. white_beanie

Absolutely! I am so happy the conditions were so great on the weekend. I got a lot of confidence back after having to contend with so much ice last season. All smiles, for sure.

Did ur new white beanie go well AG? I am back in a white beanie after defecting to pink last year [​IMG]

#5 white_beanie, Jul 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  6. Pedestrian

Pedestrian One of Us

go here: http://www.snowyhydro.com.au
    on the left there is a link to 'Snow Depth Calculator'. Allows you to compare the depths of two seasons for the past half century. Your are right too, worst season on record based on maximum snowdepth, 1982 was the previous worst at 91cm.

#6 Pedestrian, Jul 9, 2007
  7. fizzymax

fizzymax First Runs

Activegirl what bindings did your hubby get?

- BTW I was there from Friday, rode with gregs on Sat and sun. had a blast. got my legs back for the start of season. Ironing out all the problems for the rest of season...
    Good to see so much good snow all over the resort and so early on. Was over at Interceptor when North P opened. 30Minutes later the place was packed with people having heard the rumour. Roller coaster was my choice on both Friday and Sat. Pow was deep on Mt P. - Pretty valley was cruisy but the best was up in the trees above Pretty valley. All untracked for most of the weekend.
    Sundays choice was up behind the Blue cow terminal dropping into the traverse to guthega. Untouched and in places knee deep soft white heaven. Got to try out my camera/phone(Nokia n93i) and my sports watch(Polar AXN 700). I'll think about posting some pics and vid later.

8. white_beanie

fizzy - I am about to ask a stupid question

where is north P? which runs?

9. ActiveGal

ActiveGal First Runs

Thanks Pedestrian...! Last year was a shocker by all accounts! There's some really good info on that site - I was curious about the cloud seeding too.

Fiz hubby got the new Flux bindings... Can't remember the name of the model - think it might have been the top of the line ones. Um.... I'll find out and post later.

They've got a cool pop out bit on the side. Are completely adjustable with no tools. To cap instead of strap. Really cushy looking high back. He said he couldn't even feel that he was strapped in, best bindings ever. You should have seen his cheesy grin! Sunday was his first every foot pain free riding day.

WB my beanie is pretty good... got pretty wet on Saturday though because I didn't have my hood on my jacket. It's a bit annoying, it press-studs on.

I think I might ask ma to sew it on instead. If it's loose there's no visibility when you turn your head, if you pull the straps tight on the sides so you've got the visibility again, the press studs pop. Pretty dissapointing jacket that way.

10. ActiveGal

ActiveGal First Runs

Bring on those pics Fiz... I left my camera at home but I'll put something up tomorrow if all goes to plan...

11. fizzymax

fizzymax First Runs

Next to interceptor -

#11 fizzymax, Jul 9, 2007
  12. white_beanie

thanks fizzy

13. elim

elim First Runs

I was there on the weekend and it was crazy !!! Fortunately for my gf's parents, they have never seen snow and it so happens to be snowing heavily for our trip !

I had a cold so didn't spend much time on Saturday, throat was stinging from the cold air. Sunday was good but I eventually had to finish early as the snow was killing my face [​IMG]

just some pics i took on sat morning, first pic is the pb car park and the next 3 are from bluecow terminal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#13 elim, Jul 10, 2007
  14. ActiveGal

ActiveGal First Runs

Cool Photos, thanks elim!

Blue Cow looks a bit like chaotic there! Seemed quieter when I went through.

In your third photo down is a tree that I strap in, in front of! It's awesome to see it so snow laden!! [​IMG]

Your GF's parents picked a great weekend for a first visit... bet you were all so happy!

I'm sorting out some pics now, hope to upload a couple soon. (I'm not much of a photographer though! [​IMG])

#14 ActiveGal, Jul 10, 2007
  15. ActiveGal

ActiveGal First Runs

OK, here's a couple....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#15 ActiveGal, Jul 10, 2007
  16. elim

elim First Runs

Nice pics ActiveGal

Yep they were happy they've picked the right weekend !

Yeah was pretty busy at BC and that was the first time at BC for me. Most of the people were students including myself.

I spent Sunday at Smiggens and compared to last year it is day and night. Last year I was boarding on ice and patches of dirt/rocks !!

This year it was snowing beautifully !!