Question What binding will you recommended if you are getting a Mantra M6 (or similar) and mostly using the skis in Australia

Andy Lo

Hard Yards
Aug 23, 2018
Just need some recommendation and would be interest to know why you pick a particular binding. Thanks :)

(Boot using is Head Advant 90 the red colour one. Thanks)

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
I don’t know that boot, but I typically like the Salomon Guardian 13, or Sth 2 13.

Part of that preference is subjective - I like the feel of the click in, and through past experience trust the bindings

But relative to the Marker Griffon, which I think is the manufacturer aligned binding for that ski, it is much easier to click into in deep snow.

Reactions: Andy Lo

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
I don’t know that boot, but I typically like the Salomon Guardian 13, or Sth 2 13.

Part of that preference is subjective - I like the feel of the click in, and through past experience trust the bindings

But relative to the Marker Griffon, which I think is the manufacturer aligned binding for that ski, it is much easier to click into in deep snow.
Head / Tyrolia is the alignment you're thinking of.

That said the Tyrolia Attack2 14 is a ripper. I would rate it a better binding than the Salomon but both good bindings. The Tyrolia can accommodate grip walk soles, so should fit whatever boot you have.

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
Head / Tyrolia is the alignment you're thinking of.

That said the Tyrolia Attack2 14 is a ripper. I would rate it a better binding than the Salomon but both good bindings. The Tyrolia can accommodate grip walk soles, so should fit whatever boot you have.
I can also attest to Tyrolia Attack bindings, although not the AT. If I don’t use the Salomon they’re my next preference.

Reactions: Andy Lo

Andy Lo

Hard Yards
Aug 23, 2018
Let's assume I set my mind on the Tyrolia attack 13....

Is the width of the binding need to be narrower than underfoot size of ski?

For example, M6 mantra I believe is 96.... so I need to get the 90 version of atk 13 binding?

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
Let's assume I set my mind on the Tyrolia attack 13....

Is the width of the binding need to be narrower than underfoot size of ski?

For example, M6 mantra I believe is 96.... so I need to get the 90 version of atk 13 binding?
No the number “90“ in the binding setting will refer to brake width. You want your brake arms slightly wider than the waist of your ski. So for your 96mm underfoot ski, you’ll want the Tyrolia Attack 13 with the 100mm brake.

Andy Lo

Hard Yards
Aug 23, 2018
Thanks guys. Just put down my order for the Mantra M6 with Attack2 13 Ski Binding... but in 110 width. That's all they got for a red one.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Thanks guys. Just put down my order for the Mantra M6 with Attack2 13 Ski Binding... but in 110 width. That's all they got for a red one.
Not ideal running that wide a brake on a 90mm ski.

You might want to reconsider the width of your brake or ask them to swap the brake out for a 90 or 100mm brake. Running a 110 brake on a 90 ski leave a fair bit hanging off the edge. I usually size down 10mm rather than up. A 90mm brake usually fits a 100mm ski. Sometimes a little bend helps other times they fit nice and snug.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass