What do you reckon will happen with the NSW season?

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
We had the Delta strain in Qld as well but we didn't have a f-wit surgeon having a super spreader party which shut down Victoria.

Gladys f'kd up royally. I cannot believe how dumb these pollies are. To think you could contain the delta strain without a hard and fast lockdown is just asinine. Heads should roll. I cannot believe Dr Kerry Chant would have provided anything but the advice to lockdown hard and fast. No medical expert with half a brain would consider the alternative.

Must admit voters on both sides of the fence are very happy with Anna's efforts in Qld and on the whole the people have done right thing. Fast and hard has the least economical impact on people's lives.
Who’d of thought a ski salesman could so quickly become a Public Health epidemiologist and a medical expert with half a brain. Quite an achievement.

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
Wonder how long before the announcements
The resorts are quite happy to delay any announcements, while they stay open the staff are getting paid by the government and the resorts get some of that back in rent. Once they make the announcement the seasonal workers are sacked and have to get out of company accommodation, with interstaters having nowhere to go and I don't know where that leaves them income wise. Tricky problem.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
The resorts are quite happy to delay any announcements, while they stay open the staff are getting paid by the government and the resorts get some of that back in rent. Once they make the announcement the seasonal workers are sacked and have to get out of company accommodation, with interstaters having nowhere to go and I don't know where that leaves them income wise. Tricky problem.
This.

Principal Douglas

Lapsed Perisher Skier
Ski Pass
Mar 21, 2002
Orange, NSW
image.php?&id=8.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Bang on 10 days for me, one more than last year. Most expensive season for me ever, but I’m happy with that. I miss my local friends tremendously, and it was so good to see many of them, if briefly.

KL.

One of Us
Aug 4, 2005
ring fencing incentive, for sure, to be sure

KL.

One of Us
Aug 4, 2005
Bang on 10 days for me, one more than last year. Most expensive season for me ever, but I’m happy with that. I miss my local friends tremendously, and it was so good to see many of them, if briefly.
good reason to cancel ring fencing, to be sure.

unfortunately, it looks like ring fencing is having children or is that siblings.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Very good point.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
I don’t think you can.
Here to stay IMO. Even if we can contain to fair degree in Oz there will come a day when opening back up to the world can not be delayed any more. How many countries will have delta contained well enough to open the door to them if our goal is containment? Zero IMO, except perhaps NZ. We can't live the rest of our lives in trans Tasman bubble obviously.

Most countries never returned to zero between waves, whether it's Delta or other variants. The goal now is to develop the tools (obviously vaccination is top of the pops here) to be able to deal with Delta in a similar vain to seasonal flu etc, meaning serious illness and death rates are low enough for minimal interruption to daily life for most of us and manageable strain on the health system. We've got years of this before that pattern settles.

Current COVID stage - acceptance of it being part of our lives.

Next COVID stage - how best to deal with that while getting on with life.

CarveMan

Tremendous Slouch
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Here to stay IMO. Even if we can contain to fair degree in Oz there will come a day when opening back up to the world can not be delayed any more. How many countries will have delta contained well enough to open the door to them if our goal is containment? Zero IMO, except perhaps NZ. We can't live the rest of our lives in trans Tasman bubble obviously.

Most countries never returned to zero between waves, whether it's Delta or other variants. The goal now is to develop the tools (obviously vaccination is top of the pops here) to be able to deal with Delta in a similar vain to seasonal flu etc, meaning serious illness and death rates are low enough for minimal interruption to daily life for most of us and manageable strain on the health system. We've got years of this before that pattern settles.

Current COVID stage - acceptance of it being part of our lives.

Next COVID stage - how best to deal with that while getting on with life.
Nail / head

Reactions: climberman

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
he goal now is to develop the tools (obviously vaccination is top of the pops here) to be able to deal with Delta in a similar vain to seasonal flu etc, meaning serious illness and death rates are low enough for minimal interruption to daily life for most of us and manageable strain on the health system. We've got years of this before that pattern settles.
It could have been quicker without the amount of anti-vax and covid is a conspiracy nuts running around now. I blame the internet for that

Reactions: dayzoff

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
It could have been quicker without the amount of anti-vax and covid is a conspiracy nuts running around now. I blame the internet for that
Yep unfortunate. The phrase 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' comes to mind as restrictions are eased overtime with increasing vaccination rates.

Reactions: Townsend

Townsend

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2014
See you in the summer!

Reactions: telecrag

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
See you in the summer!
I was foolishly optimistic Thredbo would have another 365 pass again just at a new premium pricing structure. I doubt the mtb season will be too hot this year though.

Townsend

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2014
I was foolishly optimistic Thredbo would have another 365 pass again just at a new premium pricing structure. I doubt the mtb season will be too hot this year though.
It would be good but I gather that management do not like the 365 pass.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
With the discount they gave me for the winter pass (as a summer pass holder) it worked out almost the same as the winter pass full price, for 365 (bout $100 extra). I sort of get the split, from a business/perspective side, but from a consumer side the 365 was a great idea.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Who’d of thought a ski salesman could so quickly become a Public Health epidemiologist and a medical expert with half a brain. Quite an achievement.
Google qualified.

But really, it's a virus and a highly contagious one at that. Don't need to be a rocket scientist.

To that end, someone who is smart enough to be a rocket scientist or perhaps smart enough not to be, Prof Yaneer Bar-yam spoke on a pod cast in Feb 2020 which I was listening to. He explained that there is only one way to handle a pandemic and it is hard & fast. This method will have the least social & financial impact. Some political leaders thought they were smarter than a professor whose studies are based on complex system surrounding a pandemic.

He spoke about political leaders who felt they could go softly softly, ie the Morrison approach. His words were emphatic. It's a virus it doesn't discriminate and that is why you have to go hard and fast, just like China and get on top of it.

Evidence of the two different systems. NSW v QLD in how the delta strain was handled. It's black and white really.

I'm not a believer in the blame game. People fck up, own it and get on with it.

Interruptedbyfireworks

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2018
Queanbeyan, NSW
So from 13 Sep if we're double-vaxxed we can hang out with 4 other double-vaxxed people within our LGA...sounds like 5 to a chairlift to me!!!

Makes no difference to me but I'm hopeful for you lot :thumbs:

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
We got this at my cafe in Nsw ( not Sydney ) . I said no worries just stay outside and we’ll take your order out there , . One of them called up today to say “ one of the boys tested positive “ the worksite has been shut down . Glad we haven’t let anyone in since that incident
My dad's been copping terrible abuse from a**holes via his PT retail weekend job. I'll share this story with him to give him strength to stand up to them more. The sooner he quits, the better (he retired 15 years ago but just can't stop working!)

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
And I blame the invention of the smart phone for how you are going to be traced and tracked and ID checked with every step you now take.

• Angry
Reactions: dawooduck
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass