What do you reckon will happen with the NSW season?

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
Here to stay IMO. Even if we can contain to fair degree in Oz there will come a day when opening back up to the world can not be delayed any more. How many countries will have delta contained well enough to open the door to them if our goal is containment? Zero IMO, except perhaps NZ. We can't live the rest of our lives in trans Tasman bubble obviously.

Most countries never returned to zero between waves, whether it's Delta or other variants. The goal now is to develop the tools (obviously vaccination is top of the pops here) to be able to deal with Delta in a similar vain to seasonal flu etc, meaning serious illness and death rates are low enough for minimal interruption to daily life for most of us and manageable strain on the health system. We've got years of this before that pattern settles.

Current COVID stage - acceptance of it being part of our lives.

Next COVID stage - how best to deal with that while getting on with life.
Indeed and there are lots of tools in the shed .

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
And I blame the invention of the smart phone for how you are going to be traced and tracked and ID checked with every step you now take.
well if the its my right to be free and not do what is required to live in a civil community just thought about the bigger picture it most likely wouldn't have been the case.

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
And I blame the invention of the smart phone for how you are going to be traced and tracked and ID checked with every step you now take.
What have you got to hide? They're going to fall asleep in 5 mins if they take the time trace, track and ID my phone. Either bored or jealous of my life, but nothing else.

Dropbear

One of Us
Aug 4, 2010
Northern Beaches
Jindabyne blew up the Dam Wall. Only those on the southern side of the dam shall access the backcountry.

FIFY

Jindabyne Dambusters.png

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Yeah i did wonder as well.

I was 100% getting it this season regardless.
However most people would be blase.
I never bothered paying for the insurance, but am claiming for my partner this year. Free insurance probably sounded like a good way to sell tickets at the time. They probably thought they had it covered with loopholes about nominating season and resort etc. However, sure is going to be painful for them now.

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
I wonder if they are regretting making the insurance free and automatic this year. It used to be an extra add on.
They took a punt and sold a squillion tickets, if they had made it through the season they would have made a killing. Didn't pay off as expected but they are refunding everyone their money so they will be back next year. I don't think they have too many regrets.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
I never bothered paying for the insurance, but am claiming for my partner this year. Free insurance probably sounded like a good way to sell tickets at the time. They probably thought they had it covered with loopholes about nominating season and resort etc. However, sure is going to be painful for them now.
Its painful for some of my friends.
They did 4 days over the June LWE.
Then 3 days over the next weekend.

Over those 7 days. They rode a total of 11 lifts.

Just hiked the park on front valley/ Yabby flat.

As the lines on Sturt and the chairs was huge.

Then. Season over.

• Sad
Reactions: Kash

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra

Then. Season over.
Pretty much my season - two trips, 4.5 days on snow. Quad to Mid. Two laps Mt P. A bit of Smiggs to escape June LWE crowds at PV. And lotsa queuing. Two days ski tube use. But still, I'm kinda OK with it, nice to remember you can actually still ski. Will be only 30% refund.

iagreewithhim

Blessed are the bignoses
Ski Pass
Sep 3, 2001
A very long way from everybody

Then. Season over.
Well I bought an Epic pass and skied zero days. There wasn't a time in the season when I could have got into either NSW or Victoria, gone skiing and got home. But because I was never "locked down" as such, I expect to get nothing. Value.

• Angry
Reactions: skull

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
I cant help but make fun, but there would be so many people hurting in so many ways from this.

Sage O

Like the herb, cup ramen devotee
Ski Pass
Sep 8, 2017
Origami Hutte/Newy

Then. Season over.
A few of our friends are also in the same boat. Cost per lift was very spenny :cry:.

• Sad
Reactions: Donza

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Well I bought an Epic pass and skied zero days. There wasn't a time in the season when I could have got into either NSW or Victoria, gone skiing and got home. But because I was never "locked down" as such, I expect to get nothing. Value.
I hope you get something back

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
But the resorts have been locked down. Did you have any accom booked?

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
I booked and paid for my accomm for last week of July but had to cancel and fortunately our lodge refunded 100%. We were waiting til the very last minute to buy MC passes, and fortunately didn't even buy them in the end.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
A few of our friends are also in the same boat. Cost per lift was very spenny :cry:.
PB had a Season Pass at both Thredbo and Perisher. Snowboarded 2 early season part days at Thredbo total. I’ll put claims in for him this week and see how we go, but yeah, without a Covid refund thems be some spenny lift rides!

• Sad
Reactions: Sage O

silva

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 1, 2006
NSW
I had season passes at both Thredbo and Perisher and live locally.
Plan was to ski Thredbo during the main season (son in program) but Perisher for Interschools and later in the season.
Probably ended up breaking even on the Thredbo Pass. Perisher - not even close 4 half days during the first couple of weeks of the season.
Oh well - there is always next year.

Reactions: skull

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
I had season passes at both Thredbo and Perisher and live locally.
Plan was to ski Thredbo during the main season (son in program) but Perisher for Interschools and later in the season.
Probably ended up breaking even on the Thredbo Pass. Perisher - not even close 4 half days during the first couple of weeks of the season.
Oh well - there is always next year.
I feel I more than got my money worth from my Thredbo pass, we had a premium early season. A bit sad I missed the premium part of the season being August though, also sad we lost half the kids programs but the kids got so much out of it this year. Next year Clara will be too old for little rippers so she will go into dev squad too I think.

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
is the person who tested positive actually sick and now been ring fenced?
no idea ,we just had the initial call from a so called colleague of the person , could be fake to wind us up as there are no official reports on the nsw health site or local media ,no evident deep clean of the site . Site closed one day, and everyone back at work now . hardly anyone wearing masks as per usual . no sign of cops

KL.

One of Us
Aug 4, 2005
no idea ,we just had the initial call from a so called colleague of the person , could be fake to wind us up as there are no official reports on the nsw health site or local media ,no evident deep clean of the site . Site closed one day, and everyone back at work now . hardly anyone wearing masks as per usual . no sign of cops
interesting...

optimistic for reopening, just checked the cams and i think that it is trying to snow!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: kiter

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
ACT lock down extension could be a good thing ....

Currently the local area and the high country has been successfully skiing all through multiple lockdown with out any incursions or covid outbreaks.

Put up a road block at Bredbo, Berridale, Dalgety, Kancoban, say the word and Thredbo will run some lifts.

PB, anyone's guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Myazma and skull
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass