What do you reckon will happen with the NSW season?

KL.

One of Us
Aug 4, 2005
Some regional members of that thing they refer to as a Parliament have already leaked that there will be 6 more weeks NSW regional lockdown, of course taking it just past the end of the school holidays. Then the feeding frenzy will start for Xmas bookings with the promise of reopening and prices will be through the roof. Get used to more home tasks till February 2022 when the States will be panicking again cause we reopened too early etc……….
Hopefully, this will be helpful... Israeli-Developed Nasal Spray Stops 99.99% of COVID-19 Infections
Although they really do like their ring fencing lockdowns (it's a really good buisness killer and travel restricter) and the vaccinated are/can still getting reinfected. does that mean that there is nothing to be concerned about?

it's still snowing!!!

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Last I checked Jerra is inside NSW and in particular Monaro electorate. Not like Giovanni's own daughter wasn't caught repeatedly breaking travel restrictions. Maybe he should look closer at home. COVID didn't spontaneously arrive in the ACT...
Ha.
How did it arrive in the ACT?

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Ha.
How did it arrive in the ACT?
Someone, yet to be and probably never will be identified, brought it here, probably, from Sydney. Pork Barrel Arrow's claim of ACT taking it to Merimbula has about zero evidence. Not many people stayed down there once NSW brought in that ACT needed to isolate.

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
So when will the resorts admit defeat and officially pull the pin? I assume if the NSW government does announce the rumoured 6 week extension than that will be it.

It also raises the question on when will next years season passes go on sale, normally it would be right around now. No doubt they would prefer to wait until they were operating in some capacity, but that’s unlikely to be an option.

Reactions: Kash
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
So when will the resorts admit defeat and officially pull the pin? I assume if the NSW government does announce the rumoured 6 week extension than that will be it.

It also raises the question on when will next years season passes go on sale, normally it would be right around now. No doubt they would prefer to wait until they were operating in some capacity, but that’s unlikely to be an option.
Well they could hardly be called ‘Freedom‘ passes again?

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
An ACT ring and corridor to the Snowies is all that will be doable next season. :out:
there was some nice snow seen on the brindabellas the other day, I know a fella I rode with has gone trekking up there with his skis on occasions.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
there was some nice snow seen on the brindabellas the other day, I know a fella I rode with has gone trekking up there with his skis on occasions.
Actually I wonder if I will get some sort of refund for the kids seasonal programs since we went into lockdown halfway through it. I might chase that up.

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle

6 week extension to lockdown ? Is that statewide?What rumours ??? please tell

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
Bruz all but confirmed it at the press conference today.

I feel NSW regional lockdown is now tied to the Sydney numbers and vaccination numbers.
Yep they have decided it’s too hard to do it any other way just the same as it was too hard to utilise the army to set up some road blocks in the first place. Interesting how QLD lives are worth protecting with the army but not ours. Should it be still called the Australian Defence Force? Maybe something like The Legion of Mercenaries For Hire would be more appropriate!

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Interesting how QLD lives are worth protecting with the army but not ours.
you know the ADF also has people deployed in NSW for covid?

It is looking like a bunch are about to get sent to Victoria too during the xmas stand down period rather than go on leave too

WaitAwhile

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 29, 2012
Perth/part time resident of Jindabyne
Yep they have decided it’s too hard to do it any other way just the same as it was too hard to utilise the army to set up some road blocks in the first place. Interesting how QLD lives are worth protecting with the army but not ours. Should it be still called the Australian Defence Force? Maybe something like The Legion of Mercenaries For Hire would be more appropriate!
Regional NSW is just paying the price for the government in Sydney that completely refused to do a hard lockdown of Sydney right from the start, and keep it contained there.
Now that they have learnt what every other state already knew, they are probably just playing it safe .
Big city mentality ,life just revolves around everyone living in Sydney, and a big FU to everyone else

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
you know the ADF also has people deployed in NSW for covid?

It is looking like a bunch are about to get sent to Victoria too during the xmas stand down period rather than go on leave too
Not blaming the the ADF members on the ground, just the politicians!

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Regional NSW is just paying the price for the government in Sydney that completely refused to do a hard lockdown of Sydney right from the start, and keep it contained there.
Now that they have learnt what every other state already knew, they are probably just playing it safe .
Big city mentality ,life just revolves around everyone living in Sydney, and a big FU to everyone else
How does one "contain" a delta strain.

Asking for...umm. The world.

Reactions: CarveMan

WaitAwhile

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 29, 2012
Perth/part time resident of Jindabyne
How does one "contain" a delta strain.

Asking for...umm. The world.
That doesn't make sense , then why are they bringing in harsher and harsher rules , when they should have had them right from the start, like all the other states were doing
Regional NSW is just paying the price for a bunch of complete idiots running the show in Sydney that deemed it to harsh on Sydney residents.

Kash

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2007
Sydney
That doesn't make sense , then why are they bringing in harsher and harsher rules , when they should have had them right from the start, like all the other states were doing
Regional NSW is just paying the price for a bunch of complete idiots running the show in Sydney that deemed it to harsh on Sydney residents.

VIC locked down straight away and it still spread. NSW held off locking down for weeks, but its spreading primarily due to the stupidity of those that keep flouting the rules. I'd so 10-20% caused by NSW govt not locking down hard enough, the balance absolute f wits that cant follow simple rules.

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Sky news now reporting that some regional LGA’s are set to come out of lockdown. Snowy monaro not on the list they are suggesting. We shall find out tomorrow no doubt.

Packed away all my ski stuff today …. LOL

Reactions: Normo

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
VIC locked down straight away and it still spread. NSW held off locking down for weeks, but its spreading primarily due to the stupidity of those that keep flouting the rules. I'd so 10-20% caused by NSW govt not locking down hard enough, the balance absolute f wits that cant follow simple rules.
I’ve said it before. Society will always have 5% of people who are incapable of following any rule of law and another 5% who are borderline. The Politicians job is to protect the other 90% of which they did next to nothing.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Ahh the WA rules.

MUST LOCKDOWN harder.

Kash

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2007
Sydney
I’ve said it before. Society will always have 5% of people who are incapable of following any rule of law and another 5% who are borderline. The Politicians job is to protect the other 90% of which they did next to nothing.

Yeah I agree with this, but they they really are coming down pretty hard on the rule breakers though. To the point where stopping while drinking a coffee comes with a greater fine than speeding more than 20km/h over the limit. There are army officers posted in the western suburbs. What more do we expect?

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
Yeah I agree with this, but they they really are coming down pretty hard on the rule breakers though. To the point where stopping while drinking a coffee comes with a greater fine than speeding more than 20km/h over the limit. There are army officers posted in the western suburbs. What more do we expect?
Now there is harsher compliance but that was only put in place after the horse had already run straight through an open gate.

Reactions: kiter

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
We had the Delta strain in Qld as well but we didn't have a f-wit surgeon having a super spreader party which shut down Victoria.

Gladys f'kd up royally. I cannot believe how dumb these pollies are. To think you could contain the delta strain without a hard and fast lockdown is just asinine. Heads should roll. I cannot believe Dr Kerry Chant would have provided anything but the advice to lockdown hard and fast. No medical expert with half a brain would consider the alternative.

Must admit voters on both sides of the fence are very happy with Anna's efforts in Qld and on the whole the people have done right thing. Fast and hard has the least economical impact on people's lives.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
We had the Delta strain in Qld as well but we didn't have a f-wit surgeon having a super spreader party which shut down Victoria.

Gladys f'kd up royally. I cannot believe how dumb these pollies are. To think you could contain the delta strain without a hard and fast lockdown is just asinine. Heads should roll. I cannot believe Dr Kerry Chant would have provided anything but the advice to lockdown hard and fast. No medical expert with half a brain would consider the alternative.

Must admit voters on both sides of the fence are very happy with Anna's efforts in Qld and on the whole the people have done right thing. Fast and hard has the least economical impact on people's lives.
Queensland's time will come.
Unfortunately.

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
Unfortunately.
Which will come quicker than otherwise if NSW had done more earlier. It will be the same for all of Australia unfortunately.

But at least while they are waiting for their time to come, they are open and out and about doing things that us southerners can now only dream of. Too bad they don’t have snow in QLD as they’d be skiing right now. Add to that, the open states economies will be doing a lot better than ours currently are.

What the covid free states need to be doing is vaccinating as hard and fast as possible so they can minimise the distribution/destruction that will occur when it does arrive.

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
Which will come quicker than otherwise if NSW had done more earlier. It will be the same for all of Australia unfortunately.

But at least while they are waiting for their time to come, they are open and out and about doing things that us southerners can now only dream of. Too bad they don’t have snow in QLD as they’d be skiing right now. Add to that, the open states economies will be doing a lot better than ours currently are.

What the covid free states need to be doing is vaccinating as hard and fast as possible so they can minimise the distribution/destruction that will occur when it does arrive.
There are plenty of deniers up here. The two weeks of mask wearing in Cairns happened while I was on medical leave. I got told this week that two loyal plumbers came into the store and refused to mask up when politely asked to. "I'm exempt and so is he" and went to the mob around the corner when service was refused. Now they only come in when they can't buy it elsewhere.
I can only imagine how many other thick headed people there are out there.

KL.

One of Us
Aug 4, 2005
Unfortunately.
leave qld alone. keep your ring fencing to yourself. you know it, you need it. ring fencing suits you and looks good on you. doesn't look good on qld.

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
There are plenty of deniers up here. The two weeks of mask wearing in Cairns happened while I was on medical leave. I got told this week that two loyal plumbers came into the store and refused to mask up when politely asked to. "I'm exempt and so is he" and went to the mob around the corner when service was refused. Now they only come in when they can't buy it elsewhere.
We got this at my cafe in Nsw ( not Sydney ) . I said no worries just stay outside and we’ll take your order out there , . One of them called up today to say “ one of the boys tested positive “ the worksite has been shut down . Glad we haven’t let anyone in since that incident

KL.

One of Us
Aug 4, 2005
has cairns been ring fenced?

Reactions: Seafm

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
leave qld alone. keep your ring fencing to yourself. you know it, you need it. ring fencing suits you and looks good on you. doesn't look good on qld.
Sorry, Queensland has ring fenced itself off from the world for the next five years.

KL.

One of Us
Aug 4, 2005
We got this at my cafe in Nsw ( not Sydney ) . I said no worries just stay outside and we’ll take your order out there , . One of them called up today to say “ one of the boys tested positive “ the worksite has been shut down . Glad we haven’t let anyone in since that incident
is the person who tested positive actually sick and now been ring fenced?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass