1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question What is the Coffee Club like?

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Angleski, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Angleski

Angleski Hard Yards

We are heading up to Falls Creek at the end of August/start of September. The Coffee Club seems a very good deal. However, searching through the forums there seems to have been good and bad comments from last year. Have people been using it this year and if so how have you found it?

One concern I have is that with skier number dropping off at that time, it may be the case they can only justify a couple of instructors for a potential wide range of abilities.

2. soza

soza One of Us

My wife tried it last September but as she was the only snowboarder she ended up with a 1:1 lesson and had a great time. Some beginner friends also took advantage last season and found it worthwhile. I think if you have kids in full day ski school its worth it just for the fact your saving $50 on the normal days lift price....the lesson is just a bonus, if you get something out of it great and if you find its not evenly matched I'm sure you could bail and do your own thing. Its also worth noting that dads are entitled too, or at least they were last season even though its not advertised as such.

3. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

most feedback I have heard has been very positive. One lady I know has had mixed experienced. She has had great days but also days where she has been top of the bottom group and found it very frustrating. As @soza said, even if the lesson is a dud you have still saved a lot on the lift ticket if you were going to put your kid/s in ski school for the day anyway

4. qwill

qwill Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Iconic cappuccinos. Apparently.

5. Angleski

Angleski Hard Yards

Thanks for the comments, I think we will give it a go. One reason I do lessons is that they allow me to ski with others in the morning, so even if they aren't the best lessons I'd still find value.