1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question What runs/lifts likely to be open for Queens Birthday?

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by Goon_Squad, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Goon_Squad

Goon_Squad Early Days

Hi all – does anyone have any idea of the planned lifts/runs that might be open for Queens Birthday weekend? Looks to me (from snow cams) like Mercedes Benz, Summit and wombat chairs should be able to run, would be great if Bull Run and Fox were also able to run.

2. djam

djam One of Us

I believe the lift co will announce details soon, I think it would be, Merc, Fox, Wombat, maybe skyline.

I don't expect Summit or Bull run have enough snow at this stage, maybe Koflers though.

3. Jellybeans

Jellybeans Walking on a cloud Ski Pass: Gold

My guess is that they would open The Fox, Wombat, Mercedes and Skyline.
    I can’t really see the Summit on the cam yet, so it would be hard to guess. Koflers, Summit and Howqua are maybes, in the order they would be opened.

Another maybe to add to the list is Burnt Hut.
    Bull Run won’t happen.

4. Goon_Squad

Goon_Squad Early Days

I was thinking Burnt hut might be open a weeke ago but it looked a bit patchy the other day, prob need some snow making to have enought cover.

Would be great if there was enough for Howqua to open.

5. Jellybeans

Jellybeans Walking on a cloud Ski Pass: Gold

Burnt Hut looks better now. Would need snowmaking you are right.
    Howqua would only be for Family Run from what I saw the other day on @Hermannator’s post.

6. blueandwhite

blueandwhite One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

We were up at the weekend and although it's amazing that we're skiing this early I reckon the cover compared to what other resorts are reporting is not that deep at Buller. I'm sure not complaining, skiing at the start of June is a total bonus! The point I am making is that at that point in time Baldy looked a bit patchy and I thought Shaky wouldn't have had enough to open with grass poking through in quite a few places when I looked across. There were even a few small grass patches on Bourke Street.

Maybe we've had enough snow since (hope so) but my guess is Bullet and Wombat (plenty of snowmaking been going on there based on the cams) and ABOM (for access to Wombat) and maybe Skyline.

Edit, just seen they've announced Bullet, ABOM, Fox and Skyline. So not quite right!