What to do with the Leichardt T-Bar

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
No preplanning here, decide on way up followed by a quick 'which way you going' to others not in our group usually solves it. If in doubt go straight or offload to side I am on and come back around. Never had a problem.

Reactions: nezumi and Slalom

base615

Addicted
Jun 3, 2018
Sydney
With full chairs I always load on the far left side so my snowboard can hang out the side rather than interfere with skiers (or regular snowboarders) but, if I need to go right, I still unload left and then quickly scoot back across between unloads.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Outlooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 20, 2003
Northern Beaches, Sydney
The boys and girls better get a move on this week before the snow at the end of the week.

Checking the unload last week it will interesting to see how it works. Seems to feed a into Yabby Flat terrain park if heading back into Perisher. Will be interesting to see the snow accumulation effects doubling back to ski the lift fall line. Only a narrow path on both sides (car width) so no grooming and leeward side of rocks and offload ramp. May keep some people out of their which is a good thing! let it snow....

Reactions: Jacko4650

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Naa, say goodbye to powder ridge.

I agree mate. But powder ridge was already gone in recent seasons. I walk over there very often and wait for the lift to open......you can watch the hordes descend and might pick up 1 or 2 runs at best....then it’s done. Same deal on International and Eyre when it’s busy.

MarcoPOWlo

Hard Yards
Feb 23, 2013
CentralCoast NSW
FB PB photos
Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 4.42.07 pm.png

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
On another note they have moved the Guthega Cam to the top of the Freedom chair. A good spot and different view. Will see if we get a Leichhardt cam!
Well picked up re: the Guthega cam. Hope we can still get the live images and less wind wobble while we are at it?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
there are hooded varieties. (not sure of their vintage ?)
heated chairs also I believe.
6 & 8 seaters have evolved.
detatchables.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
This is why our group start asking strangers whether they are going left or right at the top back at the line up area before the load. Most common answer: don't know. Ridge Chair is fairly narly when those seated right want to go left and vice versa.

So I noticed the other day when taking public transport, with the actual general public, (not something I like to do) I wish they had public transport just for me.... anyway I digress.....

So I noticed the other day at Wynyard station in Sydney, Syd Trains have started putting arrows on staircases, and have signs up with the tag "Don't be that person" and an explanation of why you shouldn't block stairways, block train doors etc.

I think Perisher could run a similar campaign, and perhaps supplement it with a few food dye arrows etc around unload areas.

Of course its not going to stop the odd person falling over, but even then if they had their sh*t together and just got up straight away, the world would be a better place.

Just like the problem with public transport, they could open the resort just for me, and keep the general public well away from the resort :)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using