1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

when are they going to open something?

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by cin, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Isocheim

Isocheim First Runs

I have seen skiers on both Merritts and High Noon. I think (from what I've read, anyway), that Thredbo is near empty, so there are few people out on the mountain.

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Hard Yards

Cruiser has been open since Friday, and High Noon today. Thredbo had the jump on Perisher [​IMG]

#52 Phalanx, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  3. manicskier

manicskier Hard Yards

ooohhhh ... Thredbo is better

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>no seriously it is</span>

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Hard Yards

+10 [​IMG]

#54 Phalanx, Jun 14, 2009
  5. cin

cin Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

yes it is, but they really need to open up the supertrail, looks very nice and if I was there I would be pretty pissed that it wasn't open.

6. shadow1

shadow1 Hard Yards

I reckon the next step will be supertrail to bunneywalk. This has been done in the past.

7. wangster

wangster A Local

That section looked ready to go today judging by the view from the Kosci chair. Below that is still sketchy, I think. Especially the very bottom.

But there's just no one around. It was so quiet today. I really don't think they'll open the Supertrail until more people start coming.

8. HappyGirl

HappyGirl One of Us

I rent a place out in Jindabyne and we are booked out from tomorrow till the weekend of Friday 18th September!.....So, yes....the crowds are about to descend upon Jindabyne and ascend the resorts. I'd get into woolies tomorrow morning to top up your grocery/grog supplies, cause it's going to be a very busy carpark in Nuggets Crossing tomorrow afternoon! [​IMG]

#58 HappyGirl, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  9. bywong_yuki

bywong_yuki One of Us

I was there today with the old man and we skied until midday until we needed to share a lift, I thought it was pretty good for early season and with Thredbo club discount and my old man's over 65's pass it only cost me $104 for the day and we did about 10 runs on high noon and about the same on the cruiser. The traverse looked skiable and sundowner is not far off I was talking to a guy up there today and he said they want to keep the super trail closed as long as they can because if you ski on it when its a bit thin you start to bring rocks and dirt to the surface of the snow and make it all brown and mushy.

10. crudman

crudman First Runs

what does everyone think will be open around next weekend (thats when im going [​IMG] )?

in addition to whats currently open of course...

edit:

so currently the supertrail open...traverse is not... does that mean if you're around the highnoon-cruiser area you have to bus/merrits it to the supertrail?

would very much like traverse/sundowner to be open for a nice 'mix it up' loop

#60 crudman, Jun 21, 2009
  11. d15812

d15812 Guest

I was down again yesterday, Eagle's way looked a little bit off from filling in, so that rules out the top of the supertrail. Merritts was showing a few signs of wear with a few patches of grass just poking through in the odd spot up the top and on Squatter's run although the main Walkabout and Ballroom runs were in good condition. I was quite surprised about how good the snow was on High Noon, even down the bottom, I put this down to less traffic? Merritts was pretty busy but high noon was more or less deserted. If only I'd put in a bit more pre-season training my legs might have enjoyed it more [​IMG]

I can't see too much else opening up without some more natural snowfall.

Oops, didn't answer your question: Yep, it's the big red traverse bus to get from Merritts/High Noon to Supertrail at the moment. Merritts-Traverse-Sundowner is one of my favourite journey's, looking forward to that opening up. I would imagine the bit just after Anton's & Sponar's is taking a bit to fill in.

#61 d15812, Jun 21, 2009
  12. Miffy

Miffy Addicted

Whats up with Thredders this year... they have missed some good opportunities to use their new snowmaking on True Blue and Little Beauty!
    Have they fired it up over there yet? I love thredbo, love everything about it but im afriad that when i head down soon ill be going to perisher as they have more exciting terrain open! [​IMG]

#62 Miffy, Jun 23, 2009
  13. wangster

wangster A Local

I'm not sure if I'd call what Perisher have open more exciting..... [​IMG]

#63 wangster, Jun 23, 2009
  14. rugbyskier

rugbyskier One of Us

Well High Noon was pretty exciting terrain today, full of sideslipping boarders and skiers who shouldn't have been there. Short turns down the right side where all the snow had been pushed were what I'd call exciting [​IMG] .

#64 rugbyskier, Jun 23, 2009
  15. crudman

crudman First Runs

its a nice relaxing scenic route [​IMG] probably equal to or longer than the supertrail

#65 crudman, Jun 24, 2009