When can Hotham actually open runs 2020? (how much snow?)

Young Angus

One of Us
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
So how much more snow do we actually need at Hotham for them to be able to open runs so people can actually go up and ski? Does anyone think anything will actually open this coming weekend?

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
So how much more snow do we actually need at Hotham for them to be able to open runs so people can actually go up and ski? Does anyone think anything will actually open this coming weekend?
Not open till Monday evidently. Cover marginal as well.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
It not how much it’s how low....

then may have snow up high but looks like it not on the lift loads.

Young Angus

One of Us
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
Yep never mind, I just saw the email they're delaying opening until 29th July pending enough snow between now and then...sounds like there's some good proper systems on the way over the next couple of weeks but might be too late for school holidays. Shame :(

Reactions: Chaeron

Cam Slee

One of Us
Mar 17, 2020
Tawonga South
Going to need a lot more snow than what is currently on the ground.
Especially the Heavenly chair.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Yep never mind, I just saw the email they're delaying opening until 29th July pending enough snow between now and then...sounds like there's some good proper systems on the way over the next couple of weeks but might be too late for school holidays. Shame :(

July or June?

29th July means - season is half over. :(

Eros C

Hard Yards
Jul 31, 2016
In light of the latest restrictions and the delay by Mount Hotham Management in giving some confidence to people wanting to book lift tickets after locking in accommodation, we have no choice but to pull the pin on this season. Also on top of that made a booking in Dinner Plain only to find COVID conditions confirmed only after a deposit was paid. Conditions state a 10% penalty based on Tarif plus a booking fee will be deducted if visiting/travelling restrictions stop you accessing your accommodation. Jumps up to 20% if restrictions are imposed 14 days prior to your booking date. Will be exposing the booking agency if I hit a brick wall with discussions tomorrow and will be lodging a claim with the ombudsman on this one.

Young Angus

One of Us
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
So what do you reckon resort entry fees will do if you had them pre booked for this weekend to ski only to find Hotham isn't opening yet? Surely they will have to credit them back to you...you would think anyway.

Reactions: Chaeron

Adrian Lezeu

Hard Yards
Feb 6, 2020
Hello everyone

With GOD’s help I managed to get a one day lift pass on Monday 6th July at Hotham..car entry to resort has been paid also

However, I have no one to go with!

I live in Southern Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and if anyone is keen to go please let me know. I have a Hyundai Iload with plenty of room and snow chains ready to go.

Also, if anyone is already going I would be happy to meet you there on the slopes and ski together

Please let me know if this could work with anyone

hothamite

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2001
Melbourne
In light of the latest restrictions and the delay by Mount Hotham Management in giving some confidence to people wanting to book lift tickets after locking in accommodation, we have no choice but to pull the pin on this season. Also on top of that made a booking in Dinner Plain only to find COVID conditions confirmed only after a deposit was paid. Conditions state a 10% penalty based on Tarif plus a booking fee will be deducted if visiting/travelling restrictions stop you accessing your accommodation. Jumps up to 20% if restrictions are imposed 14 days prior to your booking date. Will be exposing the booking agency if I hit a brick wall with discussions tomorrow and will be lodging a claim with the ombudsman on this one.
Gee that’s a bit rich. :( Our lodge is refunding till there is decent snow on the ground .

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Gees that is a bit rude. Hope you get the same outcome as most people got with Flight Centre - as in they were not charged the cancellation fee. Whilst they do the right thing, you feel for lodges and travel agents but this sort of behaviour is not ok and just leaves every one angry and bitter. Bad business policy in the long run. We are in a similar situation, in that we don't know if we will be able to even open for the next northern winter, but I cannot imagine expecting people to book with us without offering either full refund or date changes with no penalty. Those re the options you should be offered.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
HV open today, just for experienced skiers on imagine. Meant they could offer more tix

At least SM on Imagine is now top to bottom. For a few years it covered only the top third. One of the silliest things I’ve seen in Vic. And Yes Im aware it was placed to assist the race line (very cynical decision).

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass