1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by hair-raiser, Sep 11, 2008.

1. hair-raiser

hair-raiser Hard Yards

A quick look at the "Summit" cam for 11/09/08 shows the "Bowl" area virtually deserted for most of the day! What a wasted resource.

2. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Been like that for the entire season.

3. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

only a partial freeze last night. would have been fairly soft. (I was with friends who didn't want to ski there anyway, so didn't actually check it out.) Over the back was firmer, but still forgiving.

but overall it was a very quiet day. which was good because it limited how much things slushed up.

i went down nastar about 12:30 and it had barely been touched [​IMG]

#3 currawong, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  4. snowduck

snowduck One of Us

Hey, I didn't see any halfpipe this season. Not that I use those things myself ! So what's the story then ? ... can't be " 'cos we didn't get enough snow !"

5. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

The big pipe is only built if a sponsor pays for it (and there's enough snow). no sponsor = no pipe.

6. Ulmerhutte

Ulmerhutte One of Us

I was wondering about that! It has been several years since there was a half-pipe at FC. Not sure I agree with the "enough snow" comment - I have seen them trying to scrape up enough snow, cm by cm, for weeks. [​IMG]

On the flip side, the Ruined castle terrain park seems to get larger each year - but perhaps only in area.

Yeah, the place has been quiet. Funnily enough, last weekend seemed busier than many in August, but still virtually no lift queues. Great weekend. Cover still excellent and the snow, while soft, was still pretty fast - well, in most places.

#6 Ulmerhutte, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  7. Stratus

Stratus A Local

19cm Overnight!

8. Fangin'Wolvy

Fangin'Wolvy First Runs

GTFOOH !!!!!!!!
    (Get the f... outta here !!!)