Mega Thread Where is this? (No 11 - Backcountry Edition)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
IMG_3018.JPG
Simpsons Gap?

Reactions: Fozzie Bear
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
I had to cheat but somehow knew to go straight to Porpunkah area. Think i may have driven that trail about 10 years ago, or perhaps saw it from Buffalo once??

I got no photos so someone else go.

Xplora

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 7, 2015
Yes Wollemi but not Claustral. The Latin name is something a Vet would know. That would leave two choices (to the extent of my canyon knowledge). I am sure our resident Vet knows it but he has just posted a photo.

I broke a rib in a fall near the end of Claustral but still one of the best canyons.

Reactions: ecowain and Tanuki

Xplora

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 7, 2015
And stripes.

Correct answer is zero. And this one can be downclimbed as well, by bridging above where the photo is taken from.
Very true. On this day we had a solo man overtake us with no gear. Our guests were first timers so better to be safer. So who wants to take over? I have a busy week ahead and hope to be out of contact for a few days if tomorrow delivers.

Xplora

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 7, 2015
I have a busy week ahead and hope to be out of contact for a few days if tomorrow delivers.
It delivered maybe too much. Aborted attempt today as the access was just too snowed in. Ended up towing a 2 tonne boat down the mountain for some people stuck in the snow on the highway. That was after an hour of digging to try and get them out. I would have a go at this one except we are trying plan B tomorrow. Maybe we all are a bit busy just now. That is a good thing.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using