Ski Pass

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
legend said:
per Sidetrack
Taken from in between Picture Point and Magdala after you have walked down all the crappy loose rocks and been chased by the cows.

Looking at R-L Spec, Buggery, Crosscut and Magdala.
I'm being a pedant here, but shouldn't that be L-R?

Last edited by a moderator:

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
legend said:
The background should be quite easy, but try working out where it was taken from
Library_5479.jpg
Great photo.

With scenes like that I still can't believe I haven't walked down there - must do this year.
BTW, the weather is always like that isn't it? :nerd:

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
Nah, go back a page - Traveller Range, not far away, but that was my initial thought. Those pools in the W of J are like prehistoric zen gardens with the rocks and conifers. A fair bit of Walking w Dinosaurs had the W of J as the backdrop.

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Telestrom said:
VSG.

I was going to say Snowy River up from Guthega as well, but the construction on left hand side of the river has me wondering.....
It upstream from the suspension bridge over the Snowy, opposite Illawong Lodge.

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
fkn awesome photo legend. Its the acropolis and the labryinth yeah? As for the lake i could look it up but it would be cheating (not that we have established any rules....)

sidetrack

One of Us
Apr 20, 2005
Sunbury
I was going to say southwest rocks at low tide, but um legend you really should change the file name. And also I only looked because climberman said too, he is the real cheat ive just had to much wine. Think im rambling now so bye bye.

PS I think its that nagee place :out:

sidetrack

One of Us
Apr 20, 2005
Sunbury
Sturgen and Aprupt taken from the car park/lookout on the side of the rd just before Dunkeld comimg from Hamilton.

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
sidetrack said:
I was going to say southwest rocks at low tide, but um legend you really should change the file name. And also I only looked because climberman said too, he is the real cheat ive just had to much wine. Think im rambling now so bye bye.

PS I think its that nagee place :out:
not specific enough sidetrack, just 'cos you can read the filename. Nadgee covers 20+ km of coastline. I know the place reasonably well but there is a few sites that could fit. Probably Newton's Sea Caves though.

legend

One of Us
Aug 22, 2004
lakes entrance
Thanks guys (I didn't think of file name). Graeme is right Nadgee has a coastline of about 30 Km. Graeme is pretty specific by saying the Newtons sea caves (sometimes during the year you don't need to do a rock climb to get in it can be a cruisey walk on sand into the entrance)

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
I haven't done the walk through for a while - but booked it today for March. Last time was one of those "a real adventure is never fun at the time" things after we made the impromtu decision to go aroung the inland side of Lake Barracouta from Howe Hill - swamps with thickets of saw-edged cane; ending up wading around the edge in the lake then a pack swim to get back to the beach , arriving a day late in Mallacoota. Much more memorable than just walking through!

legend

One of Us
Aug 22, 2004
lakes entrance
Graeme: It's one of the best beach walks in Eastern Australia. A problem at the moment could be a lack of water (Mallacoota has just had over 50mm - the first REAL rain for several months). Let me know closer to the day and I can fill you in where water should be found.
Meanwhile, here's another:
Library_5305.jpg

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
thanks Legend - I have a pretty good handle on the water situation in Nadgee from previous walks, including some fairly obscure soaks. Recent first hand info would always be useful though if available.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
ok ok I know I am out of turn and all that but it has taken me a couple of years to figure out how to get a pic onto the web and I got so excited to be able to do it I could not resist jumpng in with a location close to the heart.

hmmm does not work.... ok anyone? why doe sit not work?

Pic_073.sized.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass