Where is this? No10

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
Re: Where is this? No10

luv the Bogong photo JAM - (cant resist - FYG). looks like you could just walk over there with soem oversize snowshoes.

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW

Noone has it yet. It was taken mid july in 2006. There was only a few places that would have had this much cover at that time.

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com

SB. I reckon that is Corryong, glinting in the distance. I still think the Crags.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/214/521008294_4c2198aff3_o.jpg

edit: Bonsi's partially correct, perhaps. That would be Khancoban.

Mystery4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden

possibly Windhover Knoll, with slope leading to Little Austria lower left - camera angle taking view away from Lady Northcote Canyon

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW

Graeme said:
possibly Windhover Knoll, with slope leading to Little Austria lower left - camera angle taking view away from Lady Northcote Canyon
Correct.

Dot in the distance was Janus.

Telestrom

A Local
Jun 3, 2002
Planet Tele
snow.ginini.com

Graeme, I'm going to take a really wild guess and say it's the view from Pilots Lookout.

Assuming I'm incorrect, how about narrowing it down to which state it's in.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley

or even from the horn at buffalo while being careful to keep buller or other recognisable features out of shot

AnthonyT

Hard Yards
Feb 13, 2006
Melbourne

Is the photo taken from the Alpine Road near Mt Hotham (on the Harrietville approach)? The peak on the horizon looks like one that can be seen from the balcony of one of the lodges that looks west from Davenport Village. I don't know the name of the peak, but would love to find out...

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic

AnthonyT said:
Is the photo taken from the Alpine Road near Mt Hotham (on the Harrietville approach)? The peak on the horizon looks like one that can be seen from the balcony of one of the lodges that looks west from Davenport Village. I don't know the name of the peak, but would love to find out...
I'll punt on this as well, looking southish from Alpine Road/Hotham area

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden

none of the above. "where from" will suffice. Its not far from the summit of a Victorian mountain that has a road going over it, and near a junction of that road and a major walking track

Pebble

First Runs
Mar 13, 2007
London

AnthonyT said:
You talking about Mt Sugarloaf?

Im think its one of the peaks that is signposted along the Great Alpine road as you approach Hotham from Harrietville

Bogong

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 16, 2005
More woke than thou.
www.australianmountains.com

Yep, it's the Ben Lomond road below Jacob's Ladder near the junction with the Carr Villa road. Ben Lomond has to be the most spectacularly located ski resort in Australia
smile.gif

BTW, nice photo of Hollow Hut, Currawong. I don't think too many people know about it.

Next photo please.

AnthonyT

Hard Yards
Feb 13, 2006
Melbourne

Pebble said:
AnthonyT said:
You talking about Mt Sugarloaf?

Im think its one of the peaks that is signposted along the Great Alpine road as you approach Hotham from Harrietville
Just to correspond with Pebble: I have a photo of the view from the that lodge balcony. (I've wanted to post it, but for some reason I only get the red x in the square whenever I try to put photos on here - even though I follow the correct procedures).

I don't think it's Sugarloaf. My best guess is it's either Mt Freezout or Mt Blue Rag - something in that direction anyway as roughly plotted on the Dargo Plains-Cobungra 1:50000 Vicmap.

As for Sidetrack's post - that's not Lake Mountain is it? That skiier could be on one of the groomed trails in the Echo Flat area.

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic

Looks like somewhere that was burnt recently (03?).
Buffalo Plateau?

Alex.C

One of Us
Oct 14, 2003
Canmore

I'm thinking Buffalo somewhere too, trees look not quite right for Lake Mountain to me.

sidetrack

One of Us
Apr 20, 2005
Sunbury

Me think people who have been here a while have my old flickr address still. I can see GS and Alex.C guessing from there reasons but resivour rd and the Monolith that quick is either very good or very flukey. :p

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne

Me no cheat, mun. Skiied reservoir road numerously. Does that mean it is right?

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne

Might i say this is not the first time it has been implied that i have 'cheated' the rules that dont exist, but really what is the point of looking at an address?

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com

I've discussed my transgression with sidetrack. I just thought I'd bend the rules, on one occasion.

I had hunches about it not being Lake Mtn, cos of the type of trees evident in the background. But mr was on the money.

Full credit to mr.
smile.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass