Zugspitze

Yes, it's the Zugspitz glacier ski area or "Zugspitzplatt"

11349.jpg

Skifahrer

Hard Yards
Feb 6, 2021
Dahoam
20201017_123244.jpg

Unfortunately there is no longer a glacier there.
There is a gondola from Austria and Germany. This is the gondola that starts in Grainau, Germany. The ski area in Garmisch is called "Garmisch Classic". The World Cup races are also held there in January.

Heinz

Fully vaccinated but nowhere to go
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
20201017_123244.jpg

Unfortunately there is no longer a glacier there.
There is a gondola from Austria and Germany. This is the gondola that starts in Grainau, Germany. The ski area in Garmisch is called "Garmisch Classic". The World Cup races are also held there in January.

I did a day sightseeing trip there back in 1982 from Innsbruck. Train to Garmisch, Zahnradbahn, then gondola to the Zugspitze. Still had the tiny border control booth on the peak back in those days.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Heinz

Fully vaccinated but nowhere to go
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
I was thinking to exclude you from this round. :);)
For sure, you are right. I have been there end of July for a weekend.

:) Haven't been to Filzmoos itself, but have been regularly past that region, and the view of that peak is fairly well known.

Summit

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Nov 25, 2004
Perth
:thumbs:That's the one, Naxos Town.

One of the favourite islands of the dozen or so I saw on a 2015 trip. Partly because our yacht was docked at the jetty of the town where you wanted to be (unlike the other 6 or 7 Cyclades islands that were part of the sailing trip) for restaurants and bars, and partly because it was the only one where I got to hire a car for a day to see plenty of the island. The last two pics were taken from where we were docked.

Easy to fly there from Athens for those without the time to get there by sea.

2098.41.jpg

Reactions: Tanuki

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaltown
:thumbs:That's the one, Naxos Town.

One of the favourite islands of the dozen or so I saw on a 2015 trip. Partly because our yacht was docked at the jetty of the town where you wanted to be (unlike the other 6 or 7 Cyclades islands that were part of the sailing trip) for restaurants and bars, and partly because it was the only one where I got to hire a car for a day to see plenty of the island. The last two pics were taken from where we were docked.

Easy to fly there from Athens for those without the time to get there by sea.

2098.41.jpg
it's better by boat, like all of the islands
one exception for thrillseekers: my family's home island - Kastelorizo - has an amazing airstrip that is about one metre longer than the minimum to land the 16-seater that goes there, with a cliff at the end

actually, approach by sea is still better

Reactions: Summit and ScottGN
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass