Where is this.

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
mr said:
Geez you've turned tough graeme.

Ok , you left hotham at 9am after bacon and eggs, you climbed over loch, there by 11, you went down the Machinery spur to red robin mine. Thats a bit of the razorback in the background, as the shadows tell me your facing west. Otherwise, it would be loking down into cobungra gap, maybe you've reversed the photo to fool us.

You had cabana and cheese for lunch from 1 to 2, a bit of hot tea from your thermos, shagged the girl from 2pm - 2.19pm in your tent that you pitched just to the right of the rock, thought about staying because it was all so lovely in there, but it was such a niceday mid-september, and being invigorated, packed up the tent and climbed back over loch to the carpark and were drinking Stolles in your lodge by 6.
nah... Graeme seems a scroggin and green ginger wine man, to me.
wink.gif

and I thought I'd throw this in to stir the pot
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
mr said:

Ok , you left hotham at 9am after bacon and eggs, you climbed over loch, there by 11, you went down the Machinery spur to red robin mine. Thats a bit of the razorback in the background, as the shadows tell me your facing west. Otherwise, it would be loking down into cobungra gap, maybe you've reversed the photo to fool us.

You had cabana and cheese for lunch from 1 to 2, a bit of hot tea from your thermos, shagged the girl from 2pm - 2.19pm in your tent that you pitched just to the right of the rock, thought about staying because it was all so lovely in there, but it was such a niceday mid-september, and being invigorated, packed up the tent and climbed back over loch to the carpark and were drinking Stolles in your lodge by 6.
no - mixed up with your tos and froms. Also, I didn't shag the girl because I am not into incest.

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Graeme said:
OK, time for a couple of clues, but no points for partial anwers anymore
ms.jpg

(1)The little bird dug by the lake while the mechanical harvester picked fruit.
(2)The fisherman's place of worship has been the subject of a TV program. The geologist's place of worship has not.
I offer this little helper: (and this )

red_robin_mine.jpg

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
VSG said:
mr said:

nah... Graeme seems a scroggin and green ginger wine man, to me.
wink.gif

and I thought I'd throw this in to stir the pot
wink.gif
VSG has got it, but still not where it was from (his link shot was from Heli).
Machinery Spur, Mt Loch (aka lake), near Red Robin Mine and The Orchard.
...then again, looking at the links, maybe VSG has got the from location but just hasn't said it.

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
aah, the orchard, the missing clue, got the rest.

No offence to your daughter, sister, or mum, graeme

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
mr said:
aah, the orchard, the missing clue, got the rest.

No offence to your daughter, sister, or mum, graeme
no offence taken. my daughter Emma might take offence if she knew she was mistaken for her grandmother though.

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
How about from Basalt Temple? (the geologists place of worship)

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
mr said:
How about from Basalt Temple? (the geologists place of worship)
yep, and the Cobungra River was on an episode of "A River Somewhere". Dibbins Hut that they rode horses to is directly down from Basalt Temple. It would have been easier to catch a lift to The Orchard and ski down from Derrick Hut.

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
mr said:
hang on, you said its not from there i think.
no, I meant it was not taken from Machinery Spur, which was what I understood from your previous post (bacon and eggs, cabana and cheese, shagging my daughter etc.)

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
double posted, again. doh.

Yes, I marked Basalt T on my linked topo. I had it nailed.
smile.gif

For those in any doubt... (the orange marking is the gully where the slide happened last year, documented on the Hotham website.).
smile.gif

graeme_machinery_sput_from_basaltb.jpg

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
Well, what a place chase.

There's some nice skiing (and awesome views) over behind loch on machinery spur (alot of it way beyond my skill level). Made it halfway down to RRM year before last, but my 4-month pregnant partner decided it was far enough (had got my shagging in too early!).

Will have another peek when i'm up at hotham 1st week sept. Good to learn about that slide.

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
DrNick said:
Here is a very hard one for you all!
IMG_1677.jpg

Sean
so nonspecific, but what entered my head was Snowy River flats near Corringle

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
pe2.jpg

This should be pretty easy for anyone who has been there

DrNick

First Runs
May 21, 2004
Newborough, Vic
Mine was looking south between Seaspray and Yarram.

I will have the camera all ready for some pics of the low level snow over the next few days!

Sean

Craig D.

Hard Yards
Jul 21, 2005
Country Victoria
Where is this taken from and looking to? Fair bit of zoom on this one. Click on the thumbnail for bigger pic.

Btw, the photo Graeme posted on page 6 clicky is of Mt McDonald, taken from the west peak looking towards the main peak.

Graeme

First Runs
Endless Winter
Sep 25, 2003
Eden
Craig D. said:

Btw, the photo Graeme posted on page 6 clicky is of Mt McDonald, taken from the west peak looking towards the main peak.
Quite right. I particularly put this up so that Unknown could see what his Death Mountain looked liked when there was some visibility. This was a great summers day - good views to The Bluff nearby, wildflowers, and a cloud of bright green butterflies congregating at the summit.

Unknown

First Runs
Mar 21, 2005
Graeme said:
Craig D. said:

Quite right. I particularly put this up so that Unknown could see what his Death Mountain looked liked when there was some visibility. This was a great summers day - good views to The Bluff nearby, wildflowers, and a cloud of bright green butterflies congregating at the summit.
Cheers, thanx. wasnt like that last time I saw it.

Craig D.

Hard Yards
Jul 21, 2005
Country Victoria
Majikthise said:
Craig D, re your next teaser

is it the view behind Bradley's Hut.
You are at the right longitude to within 1km, but too far north
smile.gif

VSG said:
Jagungal? from the north or north west?
No, but you are in the right sort of area. Photo was taken within 20km of the summit of Jagungal. The hill is fairly small, I guess about 20-30m above the surrounding country.

I think I have made this one too hard
frown.gif
It is close to a popular access route that you XC skiers seem to love...

I'm not sure of the other photos that have been posted; the second photo that Top Rock posted looks like the view towards Mt Wills from the High Plains but the chair lift means it can't be that.

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Craig D. said:
VSG said:
Jagungal? from the north or north west?
No, but you are in the right sort of area. Photo was taken within 20km of the summit of Jagungal. The hill is fairly small, I guess about 20-30m above the surrounding country.

Well, it looks like Alan Levy's view of the big J...
JagungalNth.JPG
th_f7f848ac.jpg

That really does look like the approach from Bradley's Hut... but anyway.
smile.gif

Your hill must be on the way out of the Nimmo property.. coming in from the east towards Jagungal? a route that some use to ski to J. ?

angusjtski

Hard Yards
Aug 12, 2005
Goulburn
Looking up from the Eastern side of the Bull's Peaks sounds right to me (near burrungubugee creek?) - definitely not the big J - peak is too sharp for that

Craig D.

Hard Yards
Jul 21, 2005
Country Victoria
Wow lots of guesses! I think it is ok for me to reveal it now
wink.gif

Photo was taken from the powerline road, on the Geehi Dam side of Schlink Pass, near the hairpin bend about 1km past the site of Dianne Hut. View was looking south, which makes the hill that little bump located at GR 224834 on the Mount Kosciuszko 1:50,000, around 1.5km WNW of Dicky Cooper Bogong.

I was on a walk up from the Geehi Dam and the little peak stood out quite a lot, so I grabbed a photo.

VSG & Majikthise: After seeing that photo I can definately see why you thought it was Jagungal!

angusjtksi & legend : The Bulls Peaks do look rather like that from the east. Another hill that has that 'peaky' look about it is Brassy Peak.

Craig D.

Hard Yards
Jul 21, 2005
Country Victoria
This is the last photo I will post for a while; should be a little easier than the last one
smile.gif
Name the place it was taken from.

Kieran

A Local
Jan 1, 1970
Looking over your shoulder
Craig D. said:
This is the last photo I will post for a while; should be a little easier than the last one
smile.gif
Name the place it was taken from.

Somewhere near the north end of the Currango plain - I can't remember the name of the hut. That looks to be Bimberi on the left horizon.

K

Kieran

A Local
Jan 1, 1970
Looking over your shoulder
angusjtksi said:
OK - let me see if I can get this one. Looks like Old Coolamine homestead looking across Tantantagra.....
Coolamine? Doesn't that look across Cave Creek rather than Tantangara.

Old Currango maybe.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass