cs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Re: Where is this?

Exceptional snow cover indeed. Was that taken in 2000 or just printed around then? That is a lot of snow on the northern/western side.

After this year I was almost tempted to say that must be O/S or seriously photoshop'd!
laugh.gif

Bogong

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 16, 2005
More woke than thou.
www.australianmountains.com

It's the Crosscut Saw! 1710 metres high, and one hell of a scary ski.
eek.gif
And one of you lot from North of the Border said on another thread that Mt Wills (1753 m) was too low for skiing :rolleyes:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Bogong

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 16, 2005
More woke than thou.

Hey VSG, (and anyone else who is interested). I know it's 10 months away, but my club is definitely doing Bluff - Magdala - Howitt Crosscut Saw - Bindaree as our "Big Winter Trip" next July. Options for XCD & AT skiers and for the snowshoe /ice axe & crampons mob. PM me next April for dates and no, we don't care if you're not a member, we just have to be sure that you're up to a fairly hard trip.

This year we did the Overland Track for our "Big Winter Trip". A bit of snow on the northern part, but just plain wet past Pelion.

Mr Bent Knee

First Runs
Jan 18, 2002
Squamish

Bogong...whats your club? YHA?

Sounds good....ever since I stood between the pillars of Hells Window I have wanted to ski the thing. There are some nice lines down the Devils Staircase too....

I skied Howitt a couple of years ago in Winter and it was great. Loads of runs that just get steeper and steeper plus some large bowls/gully action to be had on the back side of Howitt.....

hongomania

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2006
Melbourne

2q9i72c.jpg

2mperrk.jpg

29x975d.jpg

yeh i was goin to say that that was the ccs...ive hiked over it too many times! here are a couple pics of me at stirling, hells window and me almost falling off spec in 2003. sorry bout the quality my scanner aint working. the best thing ive done on the ccs was slide down it on top of my laminated map in december when there was still plenty of snow!

Bogong

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 16, 2005
More woke than thou.

Mr Bent Knee said:
Bogong...whats your club? YHA?

Sounds good....ever since I stood between the pillars of Hells Window I have wanted to ski the thing. There are some nice lines down the Devils Staircase too...
Yep, YHA Bushwalking Club, nothing do with the YHA backpacker chain. I think you know our social secretary. We are definitely doing Bluff - Magdala - Howitt Crosscut Saw - Bindaree as our "Big Winter Trip" next July or Aug. Options for XCD & AT skiers and for the snowshoe or crampons with ice axe mob. PM me next April for dates and no, we don't care if you're not a member, we just have to be sure that you're up to a fairly hard trip.

Mr Bent Knee

First Runs
Jan 18, 2002
Squamish

I am pretty tough, you would have seen the photo's surely?

Sounds ok....might be keen...

wink.gif

Alex.C

One of Us
Oct 14, 2003
Canmore

Heres a more recent photos of the same perspective back in May for comparision:

69510512-L.jpg

And I don't think it got much better than that...

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass