where to hire xc gear for gwinear?

adminvb

First Runs
Nov 11, 2013
Ive been trying to source some hire xc ski gear to use at St Gwinear but the hire shop in Erica didnt open at all last year and Ive just spoken to the prorieter there and hes advised me that he will not be opening this weekend either due to melb commitments.
Its also looks doubtful for next weekend due to warmer weather.
This is extremely frustrating as if i could find some cheap beginner thrashers my myself and kids then fine but AAARRRGGH!
we cant ski gwinny for 2nd year in a row!
Does anyone know of ANYWHERE local to hire???
all i can find is baw baw which kind of defeats the purpose..

adminvb

First Runs
Nov 11, 2013
AAARRRGGGH!!!!
called so many places around my area and erica/rawson today and no one hires out xc gear but baw baw.
This is extremely bad new for gwinny!
spoke to hotel at rawson and they are NOT HAPPY as suffered last season because of this and same again!
This means that unless you have own gear, you MUST travel to baw baw to hire ski gear.
bit pointless to then visit gwinny aint it?
Im not happy. this means an extra $100 at least to xc at baw baw tomorrow.

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
That is a bit sad.

Buy some 2nd hand gear to get started sj. I bought my partner 2nd hand nnn-bc boots, bindings, pattern based skinnies & poles last year for under $200 in Melb. All in really good nick.

Doesnt have to be great gear, but you get used to what you have, and takes all the time and trouble out.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Is there enough white stuff to make the visit to Gwinear worthwhile? I hope so, SJ.Apart from Baw Baw, to my limited knowledge,a shop called Cactus Black in Pakenham hires snowboards,Rebel sport in Dandenong hires downhill gear but Ajays in Heathmont is the best place in the Eastern suburbs for Xc or Bc gear.I know it's a long way from Sth.Gippsland, so like mr said, it might be best to buy some 2nd hand gear.Recycled Recreation in Blackburn is worth a look.Good luck.

adminvb

First Runs
Nov 11, 2013
its very frustrating, ive placed an add with the local xc club and have managed to find some old ski's in good condition but i think they may be too long for me?? im about 5"7 and the ski's are 200.
Seems almost impossible to come across boots.
Ppl must like to hang on to them until theyre completely worn out!
Plus I need to buy for my daughter to .
might have to place another add in classifieds.
St Gwinny had about 15 cm at carpark yesterday, how patchy it is I dunno. But it looks like we'll lose all our snow this week with some warm weather.

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
Yes, too long Stacey
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using