1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Where to stay for 'group of mates' week?

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by homeless penguin, Jan 10, 2013.

1. homeless penguin

homeless penguin First Runs

1st time to Thredbo this year, taking 10+ mates for a skiing (and a lot of drinking) week.

Trying to find suitable accommodation. 3, 4 , 6, 8+ share doesn't matter, we'll split up rooms. Not sure if apartments might be better?

Basically:

*A place that doesn't mind a bit of rowdiness. We don't trash rooms, or piss-off locals. Just keep to ourselves, but a bit noisy... (even if its just close to a good nightlife spot, and we'll go there)
    *So yeah, close to good bars for drinking in the village, ones that stay open a bit late at least.
    *Onsite bar also good for just chill sessions.
    *Separate beds preferred, but I guess some can cuddle up if needed :p
    *Don't care about quality, its just a place to sleep.

I read through Ian D's Accommodation thread about the different areas of Thredbo, but nothing was mentioned about which area was the more 'singles, wild party' style... (maybe there is none?)

Suggestions much appreciated :)

2. telecrag

telecrag Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

River Inn seems to cater for the uni student crowd? Everywhere is just a drunken stumble from everywhere in Thredbo, but maybe dont stay up the hill, the buses stop somewhere between 9 and midnight depending.

3. LMB

LMB Old but definitely not Crusty! Ski Pass: Gold

I'd recommend the River Inn for that also - had a 4am finish one morning, with a first lifts start the next morning...was brutal. Right crowd for young guys on a bender.

Personally I prefer an apartment and taking oneself out of public view before it gets messy and just embarrassing yourself in front of good friends [​IMG]

#3 LMB, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
  4. homeless penguin

homeless penguin First Runs

Sounds good, I'll check it out.

Yeah, I'm starting to think a good sized apartment or two might be a good option. Maybe somewhere free standing or at least not on top of each other...

#4 homeless penguin, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  5. Dos

Dos One of Us

If you don't mind early morning noise from kids, River would be a good one. And when I say early I mean early, from 6.30/7.00am, at least for me. (Don't get me wrong. I love kids and I'm totally fine hearing their noises and seeing them running around - I can't have one for my own.)

Best area to avoid kids' noise is the far corner of the 2nd floor.

Apart from that I like River Inn very much especially its ski-in/ski-out location right next to Gunbarrel Express Lift.

Full Gallery:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/102308850447378142650/albums/5799245779096640881

Sorry for the quality. I'd broken my camera before I got to take these pictures, hence, only crappy mobile phone left)

[​IMG]

#5 Dos, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  6. Dos

Dos One of Us

Oh and while I'm at it, this might give you some ideas about Thredbo.

http://dosday.com/map/snow

Zoom in to Thredbo and click on place marks and photos on the pop-ups until you see full gallery of each spot.

Ps. I also have some photos of Perisher on the map too [​IMG]

#6 Dos, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013